Deadline of this Job: 12 August 2022
• A minimum of a Certificate in nursing or any related field from recognized institution.
• A diploma in clinical medicine/ nursing is an asset.
• Professional experience is an added advantage.
• Ability to live in a rural area.
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
• Ability to produce results amidst challenges.
• Good communication skills.
Deadline of this Job: 23 August 2022Holy Cross Orthodox Hospital is a faith based general hospital owned by Uganda Orthodox Church under the Network of Uganda Orthodox Medical Bureau. As a Radiographer you report to the Radiologist
To carry out radiographic techniques and imaging for diagnosis and management of patients
• Preparing patients for radiographic investigation and treatment;
• Ensuring patients and staff are protected from radiation and radioactive materials
• Carrying out radiography imaging and submit reports to Clinicians
• Requisitioning and accounting for radiographic materials and sundries allocated
• Ensuring that processed films conform to set standards
• Referring cases needing more specialized imaging to the Radiologist
Qualification, Experience & Competences
• Must have a Diploma in Radiography or its equivalent from a recognized Institution
• Must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council
• Must have a valid practicing License
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Reporting writing skills
• Public Relations and Customer care
• Physical endurance and the ability to work primarily in a standing position
Deadline of this Job: 16 August 2022General Summary
The VTEU study aims to determine the relationship between dihydroartemisinic (DHA) exposures following intravenous dosing and markers of physiologic dysfunction associated with severe malaria in children aged 6 months to 14 years.
The coordinator will supervise and train study nurses and research assistants to implement the research protocol. Roles will generally include: Study protocol development, manage regulatory submissions, and develop standard operating procedures, participant identification and recruitment, data management, biological specimen collection, inventory management, shipment.
Assisting Principal investigators with implementation of study protocols, planning and problem-solving at IDI study site.
• Assist the senior study coordinators in the setting-up and maintenance of regulatory approvals for the various protocols.
• Contribute to the setting-up, maintaining and documenting regular communication within the study site.
• Coordinate various aspects of the study including but not limited to; data collection, study log maintenance, data entry, biological specimen collection, storage and shipment at all study sites, including those located in Uganda.
• Participate in various study procedures including consent, enrolment, biological specimen collection and follow-up of study participants
• Participate in quality assurance and quality control of study data collected.
• Supervise research nurses and study assistants and ensure that they achieve the objectives of the study as indicated in the protocol following the stipulated standard operating procedures.
• Conduct ongoing performance reviews with direct reports as well as IDI-required performance appraisals.
• Participate in the drafting of study progress and performance reports.
• Participate in the development of materials and training of study staff to implement study procedures.
• Participate in the procurement of study equipment and sundries
• Participate in administration of study financial resources in accordance with IDI’s guidelines.
• Contribute to the administration of study materials and resource inventory.
• Contribute to the writing of scientific abstracts, papers or any other dissemination material from the study.
• Attend relevant Research and Prevention Care and Treatment department meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree in clinical medicine and surgery or related field with a relevant Master’s degree is required.
• Previous experience working as a researcher in a coordination role for at least 2 years will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge and training in Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects research is required. Required experience and skills
• Good interpersonal skills, organizational skills, strong service ethic, sensitivity to patients, professionalism, and attention to detail are required.
• Demonstrable knowledge and extensive previous experience in clinical research is strongly preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office application.
• Experience in working
• Paediatric experience is an added advantage
Deadline of this Job: 15 August 2022Capacity Building Advisor
This is a full-time position and the person will be based in Gulu at the Activity/Project field office. He/she will provide leadership on capacity building, Human resources for health management as well as leadership and governance across all districts in the Activity region. He/she will be in charge of ensuring that health workers have adequate capacity to deliver Malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, MNCH, Reproductive Health, Family Planning, Water and Sanitation services. He/ she will also serve as the link between the field teams, RHITES-North Acholi and other relevant health service delivery stakeholders like MoH/USAID.
• 1. Will provide overall technical oversight to all capacity building activities in the RHITES-North Acholi region.
• Coordinate all the required trainings for quality integrated health service delivery in the areas of Malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, MNCH, Reproductive Health, Family Planning, Water and Sanitation in the RHITES-North Acholi supported districts and respective health facilities.
• Coordinate, support and provide mentorship and supervision Malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, MNCH, Reproductive Health, Family Planning, Water and Sanitation in the RHITES-North Acholi region.
• Ensure quality of all training, mentorship and supervision activities conducted in the RHITES-North Acholi Activity
• Provide linkage with the IDI-ATIC platform for post-training support and continuous medical education of all health service providers including PNFP and
Human Resources for Health:
• Support districts in the RHITES NORTH ACHOLI Activity region to effectively use the Ministry of Health Integrated Human Resource Information System (Ihris).
• Ensure rewards and sanctions committee in all the districts in Acholi sub-region function effectively through ongoing technical support and monitoring.
• Provide support to Regional and District Health Supervisory Authorities in the Acholi sub-region to ensure health workers register and renew practicing licenses with the various professional bodies.
Leadership and Governance.
• Provide support to the functionality of Hospital Management Boards and Health Unit Management Committees in all the facilities in the region.
• Ensure support supervision to districts and health facilities by the Community Health Department of the Regional Referral Hospital is ongoing. Person Specification
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognised institution.
• Bachelor’s degree in other medical fields with experience working with districts
• Postgraduate training in a medical course; Master’s in Public Health, Epidemiology or a clinical discipline.
• Active Registration with UMDPC
• Experience working with US government funded projects
• Competence in the use of standard office software.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• S/he should have demonstrated teaching, facilitation and mentoring skills including use of adult learning methodology and use of e-materials
• Familiarity with national health issues in the areas of HIV, Malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, MNCH, Reproductive Health, Family Planning, Water and Sanitation.