Deadline of this Job: 16 August 2022
Qualifications and Experience
• Should have a Ph.D. degree with an excellent record in teaching, research and administration.
• At least ten years of working experience, five of which must be at Management level in a reputable Institution of higher learning.
• Should have a broad knowledge of academic systems.
• Prior experience in Curriculum development, teaching, research and publication.
• Must be industrious, self-driven and ready to work for long hours.
• Must be computer literate and able to deliver results in time.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
• Good track record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment.
• Ability to actively participate in professional development activities.
• Be innovative, creative and able to think strategically
Key Duties and responsibilities
• Provide overall leadership and management of the Academic Registrar’s Department, which includes: advertising programs and courses, handling students’ applications, admissions, registration, curriculum development, teaching and learning, and assessment.
• Responsible for production of students’ academic documents, Graduation ceremonies and alumni-related activities.
• Manage all academic matters, admission, and registration of Undergraduate and Graduate Students.
• Ensure Management, maintenance and development of the students’ database and records system.
• Responsible for coordination and management of all University Examination Processes, Research, Graduate Studies, Regulations, Syllabus and Staff Development.
• Serve as Secretary to Senate and all its Committees.
• Ensure that academic ceremonies such as graduation are successfully organized.
• Responsible for the initiation of academic policies, statutes and providing technical guidance to Senate.
• Responsible for collaborative linkages with institutions and organizations whose mandate relates to University Education.
• Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
Deadline of this Job: 26 August 2022
Position Title: Education & Transferable Skills Lead
Duty Station: Kampala; 80% regular field travel
Contract Terms: 2 years renewable
Reporting to: Project Director, BRIDGE Project
Management Responsibility: Senior Project Officer Education, and Refuge Led CBOS Specialist knowledge of gender equality, the rights and empowerment of women and girls and engaging men and boys in gender equality in theory and in practice in a development and/or humanitarian context
This position will lead the implementation and delivery of:
• Lower Secondary AEP in 34 Lower Secondary AEP host schools; strengthening the capacity of BTVET institutions and eight Refugee Led CBOS, scholarships award to target refugee and host community learners at BTVET, A Levels and Tertiary/University Level:
• Supporting the NCDC in the production and adaptation of the Lower Secondary AEP Curriculum and represents War Child Canada in key Education in Emergencies (EiE) working groups and coordination forums.
Project Management and Delivery
• Lead the development of systems and tools for the establishment, management, and delivery of lower secondary AEP (Accelerated Education Programs) in 34 AEP centers in Adjumani, Obongi, Yumbe, Arua, Koboko, Isingiro, Lamwo, Kikuube, Koboko and Kamwenge districts.
• Facilitate and lead the institutional strengthening of fifteen identified partner Business Technical Vocational Education and Training (BTVET) Institutions especially regarding transferable skills integration into BTVET curriculums.
• Establish transparent and clear scholarship award criteria for target beneficiaries to Advanced Level Education, BTVET and university education with the involvement and consultation of key local stakeholders at the refugee settlement and district level.
• Take a lead in the development and adaptation of the War Child Canada transferable skills training manual and provide oversight and quality management of cascaded trainings.
• Provide technical support to and facilitate the National Curriculum Development Center (NCDC) on the project's Lower Secondary AEP curriculum development.
• Provide technical oversight and manage the project's partner refugee-led Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to deliver on agreed sub-grants that will support the implementation of Lower Secondary AEP.
• Lead War Child Canada representation in the Education in Emergencies Working Group including in the primary and lower secondary AEP - EIE sub-committees
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Reporting and Learning (MEARL)
• Working closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Project Lead and the Country MEAL Manager, develop and implement a robust MEAL framework, plan and system to measure, document and disseminate progress, results and organizational learning during project implementation
• Ensure agreed and adopted MEAL tools are consistently and effectively used throughout the project cycle.
• Work in close consultation with MEAL Project Lead and the MEAL Country Manager, to oversee the planning and implementation of a baseline survey, mid-term and final project evaluations and other MEAL activities in accordance with the project proposal and donor funding agreement.
Human Resource (HR) and Operations:
• Responsible for performance-based management, supervision, and capacity development of project staff and Refugee Led Community Based Organization partner staff and ensure the identification and design and delivery of high-quality training and technical assistance.
• Work closely with the Project Director and the Finance, Grants, and operations, to ensure up-date-date recording and effective management, accountability, and utilization project budgets,goods, supplies and equipment within your management.
• Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations, Vocational Pedagogy, Rural Development, or equivalent demonstrable experience in relevant fields. .
• Minimum seven (7) years senior management experience of complex development programs with project management responsibilities.
• Strong technical skills in Education programing.
• Proven track record of managing multi-site projects including through a consortium approach.