Deadline of this Job: 14 August 2022
Saferworld is seeking to recruit a dynamic, qualified and professional person with high level of integrity to fill the position below:
Position: HR & Administration Officer
Reporting: Finance & Operations Manager
Duty Station: Kampala
The role purpose is two-fold with a split into two distinct roles. The first comprising of a range of responsibilities such as office administration and logistical support with the principal aim of helping to ensure the smooth running of the office. The second is to support the team with recruitment and selection, employee administration, the HR database and any other related duties.
Main Job Responsibility:
• Manage the recruitment process
• Administer the Human Resources Information System (Cascade) for all staff ensuring staff records are complete and up to date.
• Management of annual leave and other absence
• Responsible for preparing HR documents, maintaining accurate and complete personnel and recruitment files, updating checklist and HR trackers as necessary
• Prepare monthly Payroll ensuring staff changes (new hires, terminations etc.) are accurately reflected on HR Monthly Reports and documentation is complete and filed in the personnel file.
Saferworld's human resources policies and procedures, especially all Ethical policies and Safeguarding Policies.
• Ensure the efficient running of Saferworld's office/s, working with other teams to identify and fulfil supply needs and improve or develop systems where necessary.
• Ensure compliance with national and organizational Health and Safety policies, including for any Saferworld staff based in partners offices in Uganda
• Lead annual insurance renewals with the support of Operations Manager in London
• Obtain work permits and visas for expatriate staff or visitors when required
Knowledge, qualifications and experience
• Desirable: Master's degree in Human Resource Management Organisational Psychology, Strategic Management or MBA or an equivalent of Post Graduate Diploma with 3 years' experience in HR Management.
• Bachelor's in Human Resource Management, Industrial and Organisational Psychology, Business Administration or any related field.
• Proven hands-on experience in HR management of over 3-5years preferably in INGO/NGO.
• Knowledge of Payroll Administration and Payroll systems Knowledge of HRIS Strong interpersonal skills and adept at employee relations including conflict resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and exercise confidentiality.
• Highly organized and self-motivated. Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse staff.
Human Resource Management Consultant job at The Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI)
Deadline of this Job: 10 August 2022Summary Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director General, the Human Resource Management Consultant (HRM) is responsible for developing delivering and administration of training, research and consultancy programmes, specifically:
• Initiating, designing and developing content (curricula) for courses in the areas of HRM;
• Organizing sessions and course delivery:
• Conducting research and knowledge generation;
• Contributing to Institute revenue by conducting consultancies and offering advisory services;
• Contributing to the promotion of professional activities aimed at marketing the services of the Institute and promotion of favorable corporate imagine; and
• Writing proposals for consulting and implementing the assignments.
Qualifications and Experience
• Master's Degree in relevant field;
• Must be a member of a professional body:
• At least five (5 years) years relevant in management consulting and/or teaching management training experience in a University or management training Institution;
• Practical managerial experience.
HRM Consultant Competences and Skills
• Ability in developing and implementing training programmes and consultancies in e - Human Resource Management, HR Analytics, HRMIS, Employee coaching and mentoring, competency profiling, Salaries and Benefits administration and reviews, Recruitment Selection and Conflict management, HR Audit, Job evaluation, Skills Audit among others;
• Ability to contextualize the client needs and training content to the environment in which the client operates;
• Proven track record for creating, implementing and evaluating HR policies, procedures and structures;
• Strong organizational, prioritization, time management and attention to detail skills;
• Ability to build and maintain good client relationship:
• Domain knowledge in management processes:
• Demonstrated knowledge on Gender management;
• Ability to teach in academic setting through blended methodology i.e. physical and virtual platforms; and
• Ability to maintain professional standards and keep abreast of evolving trends in management education through continuing professional educational management programmes;
Deadline of this Job: 10 August 2022Human Resource Specialist
Type of role: Business
Application Closing Date: 05 Aug 2022
Interview date: TBC
Start date: 01/10/2022
Mode of delivery: Working at project location
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Working at project location – In this role, you will provide on-site support in the project location and/or VSO office, (full-time unless otherwise specified) for a set period of time.
The aim of this role is to provide technical support to CFYE implementing partners (IPs) on strengthening HR systems, developing inclusive HR and recruitment strategy
Skills, qualifications and experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Business Management or a related field
• Minimum of two years experience in employee recruiting, training, or employee career coaching is required
• You have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and strong work ethic.
• Have extensive knowledge of HR gender inclusive procedures and policies.
• Experience in developing recruitment strategies
• Thorough knowledge of employment and labour related laws and regulations
• Knowledge on safeguarding
• Strong leadership and coaching skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent planning and facilitation skills
• Strong analytical and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full time basis. VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency. This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
Some background about VSO
Much has changed since VSO started 60 years ago. We’ve gone from being a UK charity to a truly global development organisation. In 2016/2017 alone, we worked with over 7,000 volunteers from all over the world and from all backgrounds to deliver services that had an impact on the lives of almost 2.6 million people in the 24 countries where we work. Our programmes focus on the areas of health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We believe progress is only possible when we work together and that strong partnerships are crucial to delivering positive change. That’s why we work with over 500 partner organisations, from local and national governments, to businesses, NGOs, funders, charities and community groups. Currently, over 30% of our people are recruited from within the country in which they work, and we continue to grow the share of community and national volunteers involved in our programmes. We also send increasing numbers of volunteers from one developing country to another. However, our vision has remained the same; to build a world without poverty.
Your application and COVID-19
We are continually reviewing our ability to safely programme and implement projects during the COVID-19 pandemic. Many local restrictions are being implemented in several VSO locations, which impacts VSO’s existing programme delivery.
We will continue to follow the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and national governments to protect the wellbeing and safety of all communities, employees and volunteers.
We’re continuing to build a talent pool of prospective professional volunteers so we can get back to supporting communities as soon as we’re able to.
If your application is shortlisted, a VSO hiring manager will be in touch to discuss the next steps and any changes to your placement and role.
You can read VSO’s COVID-19 statement and frequently asked questions about volunteering during the COVID-19 pandemic here.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.