Deadline of this Job: 10 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
KAMPALA-COURSE VIEW TWRS(UGA)
• Promote that the split of responsibility between work packages are well identified and defined.
• Follow-up the implementation of interface responsibilities and requirements for the management of technical aspects of Interfaces between Contractors and between Contractors and Company are included in the various call for tender packages.
• Assist in verifying the quality of deliverables.
• Promote timely identification of potential interface problems as they arise.
• Assist in the follow-up of all matters concerning the interfaces and check the conformity of the activities carried out by the work packages to project specifications, their impact and consistency with the development plan.
• Perform change management coordination.
• Attend coordination meetings as required.
• Minimum 9 years oil & gas experience (Company graduate program engineer or relevant experience) with significant relevant multi-discipline engineering experience in oil and gas or large complex industrial projects is required to provide the necessary overview of the business, with experience in project engineering.
• Strong technical, analytical, innovative and commercial skills.
• Good communication skills and an aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to manage the relationship with key stakeholders.
• Proven track record of result deliveries in challenging project environments.
Deadline of this Job: 07 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Head of Maintenance & Engineering
• Provides leadership, overall administration, and general direction to the engineering programs department.
• Directs operational excellence, and oversees the reliability program.
• Trends reliability for the fleet type and provides direction to the fleet team on areas for focus and improvement.
• Directs Uganda Airlines’ engineering & maintenance program.
• Directs Maintenance & Engineering (M&E) technical publications and oversees Airlines Aircraft technical information integration and strategy.
• Ensures engineering support is provided in the form of adequate maintenance procedures required modification and repair instructions, and assistance in the correction of chronic and systemic problems.
• Ensures all related aircraft maintenance program instructions, work documents, and control procedures are developed and administered in accordance with Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA) regulations, EASA, Uganda, Africa, East Africa policy, and industry best practices.
• Sponsors and recommends new preventive maintenance procedures and reliability improvement changes in the interest of safety and cost reduction. Serves as an advisory member of the Reliability Analysis Program (RAP) control board.
• Assists in M&E system assessments by serving as an advisor when attending the following meetings: Data Analysis Group (DAG), Continuous Analysis and Surveillance Working Group (CASWG), Safety Review Board (SRB), and Continuous Analysis & Surveillance (CAS).
• Stays abreast of existing and proposed Uganda and UCAA regulations and forwards recommendations in response to proposed regulation changes.
• Conduct cost-benefit and operational performance research and analysis on Engineering and Maintenance programs
• Assists in the development of new or revised divisional policies and programs as required for the attainment of M&E objectives.
• Supports Safety Management Systems (SMS) within the M&E organization using the SMS policies and procedures as outlined in the SMS Manual of the General Procedures Manual (GPM).
• Ensure completion of the annual appraisals for all engineering staff
• On request of the Accountable Manager, report to the Board regularly on departmental performance and fleet status.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a focus in aerospace, aeronautical or mechanical engineering or two years of relevant training/experience in lieu of this degree.
• At least 10 years of experience in aircraft maintenance, with five of those in a senior managerial role.
• 3 years experience in maintaining the same category and class of aircraft used by the air operator certificate holder including one year in the capacity of returning aircraft to service.
• Knowledge of UCAA regulations and oversight functions (for aircraft and engine operating airworthiness certificates).
• Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License with appropriate airframe and power-plant or Avionics ratings.
• Aircraft maintenance and engineering management background and relevant experience in continuous airworthiness management.
• Acceptable to the Ugandan Civil Aviation Authority, as part of AOC conditions.
• Membership in an aviation professional body is an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills: verbal (both informal working teams and formal executive presentations), and in clear/concise written documents.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to create collaborative relationships that drive outcomes in the best interest of the company with others in the organization and key external business partners