Deadline of this Job: 07 October 2022
East African Distributors Ltd (EADL) was established on 6th January 1995 as the trading arm of the Madhvani Group and is the distributor of world-class construction brands of the highest quality. We are the preferred supplier to the construction industry in Uganda and our newly designed showroom reflects our increasing presence in Uganda and beyond. We are recruiting urgently the following positions for our operations in Uganda:
Job title: HR Officer
The incumbent is responsible for: day-to-day HR functions, maintaining employee records, developing and implementing HR initiatives and systems, carrying out disciplinary proceedings and grievance issues, processing pay a benefits, carrying out recruitments, induction of new employees, training & development of employees, provide counseling and support to the employee on policies and procedures, visiting work site to meet our technical team, maintaining all records as per ISO standards and preparing MIS reports and timely submission.
The ideal candidate would be a graduate in HR Management with two years of work experience in a similar capacity. Knowledge of Labor laws and MS Office usage is essential.
Deadline of this Job: 07 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church founded private not for profit organization whose mission is "To Provide Affordable Quality Health Solutions through an Efficient Supply Chain System that Delivers value to Accredited Health Units and Other Stakeholders'.
JMS is seeking to hire the services of qualified, competent and motivated personnel to fill the following positions;
Job title: Human Resources Officer
Please address your applications to:
The Manager Human Resources & Administration
Joint Medical Store
P.O. Box 4501
Deadline of this Job: 07 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Manager Human Resources
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
• Implement employment activities across the airline, ensuring properly qualified applicants are recruited.
• Coordinate selection and promotion of personnel.
• Update the company human resources manual and communicate to all staff.
• Ensure that all employees of the Airline are informed/advised on human resource programs, policies, procedures, and controls of the company.
• Administer compensation and benefits systems including carrying out salary surveys, and preparing and submitting remuneration review recommendations.
• Develop and update job descriptions for all positions for approval by the Board periodically.
• Keep comprehensive up-to-date personal records of employees on matters such as bio-data, wages, training, and other related aspects.
• Assist and guide the Airline employees with personal problems, career development, and welfare-related issues and services.
• Prepare and submit, or oversee the preparation of various employee departmental reports as scheduled/ requested, including analyses of staffing levels.
• Administer, monitor, and maintain leave records in compliance with company policies and national labor laws.
• In collaboration with relevant department heads, design and monitor training programs across the organization.
• Develop and implement a complete suite of human resources systems including policies and procedures supporting a performance-centric culture.
• Constantly update the Staff Establishment in line with approved organogram
• Serve as the main link between the Airline employees and management on all matters of human resources nature.
• Constantly update the Human Capital Management portal
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or another closely related discipline from a recognized University.
• A Postgraduate Diploma In Human Resources Management
• HR Professional certification will be an added advantage
• Proven working knowledge and experience in all functional HR areas with an emphasis on employee relations and staff development
• Proven capability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbal, with people at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
• Relevant working experience of 15 years; at least 5 of which should have been at the management level in human resources.
• Experience in managing Human Resources in a large organization.
• Should be a member of a Human Resource Professionals body.
• Knowledge of data analysis and reporting.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• High ethical standards are a must.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Listening skills
• Rapport building
• Proven Training skills
Deadline of this Job: 28 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
The job holder is responsible for the following;
• Manage the Job posting for the affiliate
• Manage the recruitment process from sourcing and assessment of candidates, to employment contract signature this includes but not limited to: publication of advert in media, in Careers website, Screening of resumes, set-up appointments and follow-up of candidates, participate in interviews, and in the final decision for both the affiliate and the project
• Supporting department heads with recruitment activities in line with approved manpower plan
• Manage contractor administration with the agencies with regards to expectations and performance on current contracts including up to date PO’s
• Schedule quarterly meetings with the agencies to appraise performance in terms of onboarding, budgeting, reports etc to ensure consistency and accuracy.
• Lead the onboarding processes of all staff including induction, job integration process and related contractual obligations.
• Ensure and support the TD’s to have up to date job descriptions for the affiliate
• Support & participate in the implementation and follow-up of the Individual Development plans
• Support in recruitment reports required for submission to the Authority
• Ensure that all recruitment statistics are kept up to date (Group reporting, monitoring of costs for contractors etc)
Specific campaign for Operators and technicians:
• Support the planning and budget defined, coordinate the recruitment of operators/technicians (# 120) and the relevant training programs (academic + technical + on the job training) in coordination with project team
• Provide support in defining, adapting and implementing the HR policies and procedures for the duration of the campaign
Qualifications And Required Experience
• Bachelor’s degree level
• 5 - 8 years’ experience within HR both in Administration and HR Development Minimum
• Mastery of Group HR tools, policies and practices
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, diplomacy.
• Ability to work with a network of correspondents internally as well as externally
• Ability to work in context of heavy workload, variety of tasks to be performed, emergency situations to be solved, multicultural environment.
• Autonomy is required.
Deadline of this Job: 07 October 2022
About Evidence Action
Our organization was founded in 2013 to address a big gap in the fight against global poverty–many of the most promising interventions are either implemented at a very small scale, or not at all. We set out to address this gap by building programs that would scale evidence-based and cost-effective interventions, leading to significant improvements in quality of life for hundreds of millions of people. Our model worked. In less than a decade, our two flagship programs, the Deworm the World Initiative and Dispensers for Safe Water, have grown to measurably impact over 280 million people each year. This success is achieved through the dedication and talent of our staff, the hard work of our partners, and the commitment of our supporters. By 2024, we seek to double our impact. We are strengthening and expanding our existing programs, and working to identify a new generation of evidence-based and cost-effective interventions that we can scale to reach millions more.
The position is responsible for facilitating an efficient HR function for our Field offices through responsible delivery of HR services to provide effective and efficient HR support to all program Staff.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure staff compliance with policy, HR Practices and local law in the field offices
• Keep track of all payroll related changes and communicate as required to the Senior Associate HR.
• Administration of Field Recruitment process
• Shortlisting in Liaison with the Snr Associate HR /Talent Acquisition Manager
• Invite Candidates and Schedule Interviews
• Coordinate On-boarding & Off-boarding
• Manage the Field Casual database
• Manage Timesheets for field staff –Submission, follow-up on late submission and admin support for Intacct.
• Conduct monthly Intacct BambooHR Reconciliation
• Compile and share staff needs/requests on Medical additions/Changes
• Support in planning field HR training & activities.
• Bachelor’s degree /Diploma in human resources, business, or a related field
• 1 –3 years of experience in a human resources position or related position
• Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, and demonstrated skills in database management and record-keeping.
• Organized and efficient in daily tasks
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
• Goal-oriented, organized team player.
• Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
• Great “people-person” skills and professional attitude.
The position will be based in Iganga and will work closely with the in-country HR representative.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.