Deadline of this Job: 14 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) is a statutory orgarnization established by Uganda Tourism Board statute of 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008 wit the following statutory objectives:
1. To promote and contribute to the development of Tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda.
2. To coordinate with the Ministry responsible for Tourism and private sector in the implementation of National Tourism Policy.
3. To carry out any other activities as incidental or conducive to the attainment of the two objectives specified above.
UTB is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and competent Uganda professional to fill the position of Digital Marketing Officer, duty station Uganda Tourism Board office at Lugogo House, Plot 42 Rotary Avenue, Lugogo Bypass.
Overall Purpose of the job:
To develop, implement, track and optimize Uganda’s tourism digital marketing activities across all digital communication channels in the domestic and international source markets.
Full job description and application procedure: UTB DIGITAL OFFICER JOB 2022.pdf
Market Access and Value Chain Development Field Officer -BRIGHT Project job at International Fertilizer Development Center
Deadline of this Job: 04 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world.
“Building Resilience and Inclusive Growth of Highland farming systems for rural Transformation” (BRIGHT) will target over 100,000 Ugandan highland households in Kigezi, Mt Elgon, and Rwenzori regions, building project interventions from the ground up that are based on the aspirations and needs of targeted farming households and communities. BRIGHT seeks to build the resilience capacity of farm households and the farming systems to recover from external shocks in an ever-changing context through absorption, adaptation, and transformation and, in so doing, increase incomes and food and nutritional security of all farmers, from subsistence-oriented farm households to more market-oriented ones.
The proposed project aims to achieve the following main impacts:
1. Increased resilience, nutritional outcomes, and income for smallholder farm households; and
2. Increased eco-efficient farming, making sustainable use of and protecting natural resources
IFDC is seeking recruitment for Market Access and Value Chain Development Field Officers for this project to be based in the main project office of Fort Portal(1), Kabale(1) and Mbale(1).
The Market Access and Value Chain Development Field Officer will be responsible for the roll out of training modules on post-harvest handling, including storage, to small holder farmers and farmer groups. The offier will support the Market Access and Value Chain Development Lead in building the capacity of market-oriented farmers in brokering equitable trade agreements with large commercial off-takers in the potato and other to be determined value chains. The officer will also help identify investment opportunities in infrastructure to facilitate market access and inter and intra community trade for more subsistence-oriented farmers. Finally, the officer help identify and support local entities such as seed companies and producers and agro-input delaers, to ensure that smallholder farmers have access to agricultural inputs and other services.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Participate in value chain assessments of crops and livestock to inform the choice of strategic value chains that will be selected by the project
• Support the development of training modules for small holder farmers including Post Harvest Handling, Storage, and Marketing.
• Conduct the roll out of training modules on post-harvest handling, including storage, to small holder farmers and farmer groups.
• Identify opportunities for equitable and inclusive agreements between these key groups and market actors including off-takers
• Be the focal point with local public and private sector partners in infrastructure to facilitate market access and inter and intra community trade (feeder roads, stores etc)
• Provide support private sector actors on the development of last mile delivery systems for seed and ag inputs with that are effective in reaching small holder farmers
Supervision and team collaboration
The Market Access and Value Chain Development Field Officer is supervised by and reports to the Market Access and Value Chain Development Lead/Manager. She/ he works in close collaboration with project colleagues, other IFDC staff and colleagues from other consortium members.
Position and duty station
The Market Access and Value Chain Development Field Officer is a national position with a duty in one of the 3 project office of Fort Portal(1), Kabale(1) and Mbale(1).
The position requires intensive field travels (up to 90% of the time) in the target region in Uganda.
• Ability to work independently under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Act in accordance with and defend the best interests of IFDC
• Ability to work independently, under pressure to meet tight deadlines with quality output.
• Strong network in local and national communications and ability to find cost-effective means of promoting the projects achievements
• Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the achievement of goals.
• Consistently maintains focus and perseveres in the face of obstacles, inspiring others to do the same.
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills with ability to maintain effective work relationships
• Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively
• Anticipates key issues in work and identify creative and practical solutions.
• Great organizational skills and attention to detail in operationalization of administrative and finance tasks.
• Honors all commitments made to colleagues and partners.
• Have the ability to work in a multicultural environment, be open-minded and seek to understand
• Holds a degree in Agriculture, agribusiness, business and commerce or any other related course.
• Demonstrated experience (>3 years) in providing training and capacity building support to smallholder farmers on household visioning and planning, integrated farm planning and farming systems approaches.
• Demonstrated skills in effectively collaborating with local governments, research institutions, development partner projects, local organizations, private companies and other partners.
• Willingness to work in the field on a daily basis and travel on a motorcycle
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally in small audience and large audience settings.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required, proficiency in multiple local languages is an asset
Deadline of this Job: 04 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit competent individual to fill the following Position;
Job Title: Supervisor – Regional Marketing
Reports to: Manager – Trade Marketing and Retail Management
No. of Vacancies: 1
Main Job Functions:
• Translation and execution of the Marketing strategy into regional marketing plans
• Manage and implement appropriate regional strategies to address the Consumer and business value proposition launches in support of the MTN Uganda Business strategy.
• Ensure maximum leveraging of regional marketing Communications plans
• Monitor competitive regional marketing activity aimed at the Consumer and business Segments and implement relevant actions to remain competitive.
• Build MTN brand awareness, market presence, affinity, visibility, and likeability across target market sectors and across regions by using traditional and non-traditional media
• Ensure alignment of regional marketing messages with overall Brand and Communications messages and themes
• Liaise with Segmentation and Customer Insights teams to continuously deepen customer understanding through research and ensure an insight driven approach to communicating to customers.
• Implement marketing programs for the allocated region to improve customer satisfaction in the regions
• Implement relevant regional advertising and promotional plans across the sales channels in the region
Regional Trade Marketing Strategy
• Contribute to, challenge, and implement the long-term strategy for Regional Field and Trade Marketing and ensure alignment of all activities undertaken in the unit to the strategy
• Analyze Regional market share trends and highlight areas that may be developed further
• Trade Marketing/Category Management process and solutions with external & internal customers to grow market share in the regions
• Contribute to the development of the Regional Trade Marketing plan to achieve defined business objectives for all regions
• Analyze competitors’ actions and positioning in the regions
• Develop, implement, and manage a Regional Trade Marketing and Communications plan in line with brand, target segments, value propositions and retail sector requirements
• Lead organizational thinking on Regional Trade marketing communications
• Coordinate and implement marketing programs that increase MTN’s regional brand presence and market share
• Act as the conduit between Sales and Marketing in the region, focusing on influencing key stakeholders to deliver activity that sits within the overall Marketing/Brand Strategy of the specific region.
• Work closely with the sales team to ensure that trade marketing plans are aligned with sales objectives and revenue targets
Operational Planning and Execution
• Develop and implement promotional activities in the region.
• Develop, execute, and monitor performance of all programs designed to increase MTN’s market presence in the allocated region
• Manage and monitor the execution of Regional Trade Marketing initiatives including but not limited to;
o Attending radio interviews to support and promote MTN’s customer value propositions incl. the ‘promoter’ score
o Ensuring MTN’s brand building activities in the assigned region are consistently executed in line with the MTN Brand guidelines/strategy including but not limited to ATL (radio, TV, outdoor…), Trade activity incl. retail and signage visibility, sponsorships…
o Supervising and reporting on the execution of trade activations and performance of 3rd party vendors deployed to support this function
o Assisting the media team in managing and monitoring booked media properties in the respective regions
• Contribute to the Company’s goals and objectives and improve market share, customer satisfaction and productivity performance in the regions
• Develop trade promotional plans with key customers and channels for the region
• Ensure alignment across the Sales and Marketing organizations on field sales needs and marketing initiatives, including coordination with Trade Marketing Manager and budget management.
• Monitor and improve processes to link all Marketing activities with the activities of the Sales team in the regions
• Ensure alignment across the Sales and Marketing units on field sales needs and marketing initiatives, including coordination for delivery of Trade Marketing requirements
• Translate Marketing Communications strategy into operational implementation plans, and drive the execution thereof
• Develop a Regional Trade Marketing plan and contribute to the overall Trade Marketing strategy
• Own the Regional Trade marketing calendar and work with Marketing Communications to integrate and align with the overall MTN campaign roadmap
• Oversee execution of POS/BTL campaigns through regional Trade Marketing programs
• Development and roll out of Customer engagement programs, activities and competitions in the regions
• Identify, evaluate and assess new Regional Trade Marketing opportunities
• Consider local conditions, as well as competitor activity to create competitive advantage
• Engage with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally to maintain operational standards and to ensure relevance of activity.
• integrate into the Engine Room operating and reporting framework to ensure effective management of regional performance.
• Work with sales and service teams to define customer experience requirements for the Consumer segments in the regions
• Ensure customer needs and requirements are satisfied through appropriate systems, processes, and procedures.
• Align service delivery across regions to changing market segment requirements and enhance customer experience.
• Understand regional customer needs; develop and fine-tune systems to meet those needs accordingly within the scope of the defined end-to-end customer experience
• Define the overall specifications of the end-to-end customer experience for the regions in coordination with the CEX team.
• Develop specific communication and promotion campaigns with Marketing Communications team and work with Customer Development and Retention to develop usage stimulation and retention campaigns
• Identify trends/patterns pertaining to customer needs in the regions and filter this information through the business to continually improve all aspects of service delivery.
• Align service delivery to changing regional dynamics
• Understand regional customer needs and develop and fine-tune systems accordingly
• Ensure regional customer needs and requirements are satisfied through appropriate systems/processes/procedures
• Ensure that sales teams reach desired targets on gross and net acquisition, ARPU and market share figures in the regions
• Manage the effective execution of allocated POS/Retail Communications and contractual obligations in the regions
• Forecast, plan, develop and review regional budget to provide MTN with return on investment
• Manage and optimize the budget at regional level ensuring all expenditure is in line with the agreed budgets
• Monitor costs and determine initiatives to optimize resources.
• Identify opportunities to generate additional revenue
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related course with a bias in Marketing.
• Professional certification like CIM is of added advantage.
• In depth understanding of the telecommunications industry, FMCG and brown goods marketing principles
• At least 5 years of experience in leading retail and service operations in the mobile technology and/or in retail-intensive B2C industries, preferably with a significant service and technology dimension
• At least 5 years of experience in similar positions, in fast-moving technology intensive industries
• A strong background in marketing and/or advertising
• A “street smart” attitude
• People management and leadership skills – the ability to hire the right people, get the best out of people, and make sound decisions
• Feedback skills
• Relationship skills – to build relationships to facilitate efficient workflow
• Coaching skills – to develop the team and staff
• Scanning skills – to search for new ideas, trends, and principles
• Strong “can-do“attitude combined with an ability to use minimum resources to get maximum outputs
• Systems thinking – understanding the “big picture”
• Delegating skills
• Business acumen – an understanding of the business as a whole
• Negotiation skills
• Analytical skills
• Planning skills
• Conflict management skills and ability to influence decisions
• Communication skills
• Time management, specifically the ability to prioritize
• People skills – creating and nurturing the tone of the internal culture
• Flexibility – the ability to adapt and change in the light of changing circumstances / new information
• Culture diversity management skills
• Stress management skills
MTN Uganda Limited has the obligation to safeguard its employees through providing a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. MTN has a Vaccination policy for all its employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to work from its offices and premises. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.