Deadline of this Job: 17 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
KickStart is an award-winning, global nonprofit social enterprise that develops and mass- markets low-cost irrigation solutions that are bought by thousands of small-holder farmers in developing countries and used to increase their income by up to a factor of ten, enabling them to lift themselves sustainably out of poverty.
Position : Partnership And Sales Officer
The position joins the Partnership Sales Team in Uganda and is responsible for developing commercial opportunities for MoneyMaker Products by engaging and educating partners (NGOs, CBOs, and Government and Private Sector players) on the value of irrigation and farming as a business through the promotion of Money Maker pumps in the assigned region. The holder of the position is expected to create new partner relationships and manage existing ones, seamlessly coordinate donor funded project activities and compliment the Ugandan program within his/her assigned area. These activities support the primary goal of getting people out of poverty in Uganda by promoting the usage and value of the MoneyMaker branded irrigation pumps.
Nature and Scope:
The Partnership & Sales Officer will focus on 3 key areas:
Delivering Program and Donor Funded Projects Sales Targets
• Ensuring that all donor funded project activities and targets for the assigned region are achieved and exceeded
• Managing dealers’ relationships by ensuring that dealers have adequate stock of pumps, accessories, spares, demonstration kits, marketing collaterals and appropriately branded.
• With the assistance of the Uganda Country Manager ensure that all field marketing activities and especially the word of mouth related activities are undertaken.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the partner categories and markets under his/her region to understand KickStart’s commercial and donor opportunities
• Identify potential partners for the Uganda program for both fundraising and sales opportunities
• Work and plan to deliver sales objectives/targets for both individual and the team
• Prepare sales propositions, generate business cases and sales planning
• Develop strong relationships with prospective new partners and explore initiatives that offer the Moneymaker brand across key irrigation pump markets in Uganda
• Engage with key partners to establish new partners across the region and explore new initiatives that will drive sales growth through local partnerships that have not previously been capitalized by KickStart.
Partnership Engagements & Networking
• Train partner organizations, farmers groups, other stake holders and government agencies on the importance of irrigation and farming as a business.
• Represent KickStart in various Stakeholders forums to articulate KickStart position in his/her assigned region.
• Developing, engaging and maintaining good relationships with existing and potential partners in the region, including partner organizations, government agencies and farmers groups to make sales
Moneymaker Brand Development Initiatives
• Support the marketing team with in-market knowledge, insight and sales activity
• Train dealers on Moneymaker products, branding, creating a Moneymaker Estate for visibility, stock management, product demonstration, filling guarantee forms and any other KickStart related document that originates or is relevant to dealers
• In liaison with Product Innovation and Development carry out Market Tests for new products and services in the region
• Contribute to the development of new initiatives that increase our engagement with existing and new partners
• Manage the Partnership and Field Sales Officers in the assigned region ensuring that each meet their monthly set target, prepare and send daily, weekly and monthly reports and that Guarantee forms are filled and submitted to the office for data input.
• Responsible for all KickStart assets and resources in the assigned region
Key Performance Criteria
• Achieve set sales and partnership targets and grow sales for the Moneymaker products
• Cost effective, sustainable and timely selling process and pump delivery
• Development of good sales pipeline with potential partners in the region and repeated sales from the same
• Effective team management to increase sales performance per individual field officer
• Effective management of resources especially vehicle, Sales and marketing materials and routes
• Good and productive working relationship with dealers in the region
• Understanding of the expected results for each donor funded project and the timing in the region.
• In depth understanding of the area of operation, potential areas and partners
• Production of daily, weekly and monthly reports
• Prepare and implement the work plan for the sales in the assigned region
• Set sales targets, manage and resolve work related issues for Partnership and Field Sales Officers in the region
• Manage dealers and their accounts in the region
• Carry out specific donor related activities to ensure that the agreed targets are met and superseded
• Develop and build relationships with potential partners to promote irrigation work and sell pumps
• Attend Stake holders meeting and hold joint field days, shows and exhibitions in assigned region
• Mentoring and training of the Partnership and Field Sales Officers
• Strengthen the existing systems and processes for customer service
• Liaise with the County governments for various licenses
Required profile for job ad : Partnership And Sales Officer
Skills, Experiences, and Competencies
• Strong customer focus
• Results/Performance Orientation – proven “self-starter” who is flexible and adaptable
• Able to work effectively in an unstructured and fast moving environment
• Able to work effectively with limited guidance and oversight
• A can-do entrepreneurial spirit
• Excellent personal communication & negotiation skills
• Strong analytical abilities , strong presentation skills and detail oriented
• Shares KickStart’s values and believe in its Mission
• Fluency in English and other local languages required
• Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
• Willing to travel for up to 60% every month
• Must have a business related degree from a recognized university.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N/B: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline of this Job: 20 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Job Title: Sales Representative
Position Ref No: EUL/SS/07
Closing Date: 20 September 2022
Direct Manager: Commercial Manager
The Sales Representative is responsible for growing and expanding the current revenue base.
The Sales Consultant must ensure that the most appropriate services are sold to meet the client’s needs at the correct rates.
The incumbent will also be responsible for all administration functions inherent in the position.
• Bachelor’s degree qualification related to sales and marketing, project and management, and Environmental Management would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of sales techniques with waste industry experience and equipment hire industry preferred.
• A valid drivers’ permit class B BE
• 2-3 years of Sales experience.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Financial & Administration
• Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual targets are reached and exceeded.
• Ensure profitability of all Sales accounts.
• Pricing of quotes, tenders and proposals.
• Submit monthly reports indicating terminations, cleanups, new business, and existing business.
• Contract Management
• Ensure all contracts and agreements (Operational, SLA, On-site) are in place and accurately loaded on the system.
• Monitor Contract anniversary, expiry and annual price adjustment
• Ensure a signed copy is on file
• Ensure detailed completion of paperwork such as credit applications, data sheets etc
• Customer Focus
• To be the first point of contact for all waste management queries.
• Anticipate customer needs and suggest solutions
• Be innovative in the development of customer solutions
• Ensure Customer satisfaction by optimising client service levels
• Ensure all waste assessments and routine audits are done on a regular basis to ensure that the correct product offering is sold in line with clients changing needs and that costing is accurate and profitable.
• For new businesses or services, assessing vehicle access is critical as well as accurate sample taking.
• Networking with clients , including functions outside of normal working hours.
• Business Process
• Ensure the appropriate type of service is offered to meet the customers’ needs
• Maximise the client's satisfaction while obtaining the required minimum returns for providing the service
• Ensure hidden opportunities are identified and developed
• Monitor and assess client service levels
• Keep up to date with current legislation and minimum requirements
• Communicate & liaise effectively at all levels within the organisation
• Liaise with operational personnel on service quality
• Liaise with finance and debtors on invoice billing quality and debtor's days.
• Liaise with Technical disposal solutions on technical queries and solutions.
• Network with people at all levels.
• Market Focus
• Gather market and competitor information to assist in establishing market trends and developments.
• Be aware of potential competitor activity at Sales Customers.
• Do ongoing cold calling to grow market share
• Compliance with operational and legal requirements concerning Health and Safety.
• Key Competencies
• Analytical thinking
• Conceptual thinking
• Information Seeking
• Customer Orientation
• People Orientation
• Self Confidence