Marketing and Promotions Officer (China Representative Office) (1 Position) job at Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Deadline of this Job: 19 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
• Provide support in promotion and marketing of Uganda coffee inChina and Asia pacific through generic promotional events, markets research,and public relations activities.
Key Result Areas:
• Coordinate with the Chinese companies and partners selling Uganda coffeeon relevant trade matters.
• Schedule, organize and participate in trade fairs, exhibitions and tradepromotions for Uganda coffee in China and Asia pacific.
• Assist the Marketing and Promotion Coordinator (MPC) in making presentationsat trade shows, exhibitions and other promotional events.
• Conduct field surveys and research on market opportunities and customerpreferences with cafes, restaurants, universities and supermarkets, and compiletrade and environment issues that impact on the export or import of Ugandacoffee.
• Act as a liaison in translating correspondences from Chinese to English for theMPC.
• Prepare news articles and compile newsletters and publications In both Englishand Chinese languages (both online and of-line)
• Update the website and client database on a weekly basis.
• Coordinate and collaborate with UCDA Quality and Regulatory ServicesDirectorate on promotional events and championships in China and the AsianPacific.
• Prepare weekly reports for submission.
• Carry out any other duties assigned by the MPC.
The ideal candidate must have;
• Bachelor’s Degree (First Class or Upper Second class) in International Business,or Marketing or Business Administration (Marketing Option from a recognizedUniversity) or related fields, from a recognized University.
• HSK Certificate (level 4 and above) obtained within the last 5-6 years.
• Membership of or accreditation to an internationally recognized professionalbody in Marketing will be added advantage
• Three (3) years working experience in International Trade and Marketing.
Expected Personal Competences And Skills
• Ability to read, write and speak Mandarin, and living abroad will be an addedadvantage
• Familiarity with commodity trading or coffee trading,
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Deadline of this Job: 16 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Southern Sudan and DR Congo, Equity Bank is now home to more than 15 million customers, the largest customer base in the eastern African Region. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve its customers in the roles below,
Job title: Manger, Marketing
Reports to: Head, Marketing & Corporate Communications
To provide support in the development, implementation and monitoring of the bank's, branding, product development and marketing strategies in line with the bank's business goals and objectives.
Desired knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Degree in Marketing. Communications or business related from an accredited institution. Professional qualifications form the Chartered Institute of Marketing such as CIM is required.
• Minimum of 8 years' experience Marketing/Advertising discipline in a Financial services Institution/FMCG /Telecoms or an agency. 3 of which must be at managerial level.
• Proven experience in digital and direct response marketing.
• Creative thinking and a good understanding of market trends.
• Ability to generate new concepts/ideas that impact the bank's business growth.