Deadline of this Job: 20 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
• Ensures that the vehicle's particulars are valid.
• Ensure excellent fuel consumption of the car at all times
• Drive assigned Vehicle while on official duty
• Monitor and ensure that assigned vehicle is well maintained
• Ensure the use of seat belts by all occupants of the car and
• Drive in accordance with all traffic rules while taking the Managing Director or assigned staff to any location.
• Ensure that the HSEQ rules are followed when driving and participate fully in Head Office HSEQ activities
• Ensure zero (0) accident and incident performance and obey all traffic rules.
• Ensuring the cleanliness of the duty/official vehicles at all times
• Travel time research and estimation to ensure timely arrival at the destination
• Minimum of an A' level certificate with over 5 years working experience in a busy environment with a good track record
• An additional professional training in driving and road safety is desirable
• Defensive driving skills and a high level of customer service
• Ability to express themselves in English
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to perform basic regular inspections
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Possession of a valid driving permit is a must
Deadline of this Job: 19 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Job Title: Driver
Reports to: Human Resource Officer
Duty station: A4HU Mityana Field office with frequent travels to Head Office in Kampala
The Driver facilitates transport services for the smooth implementation of the Project.
• Follow up on the planning, scheduling and registration of transportation requests.
• Ensures reliable and secure driving of the office vehicles for the transportation of authorized personnel, delivery, collection of mail, documents and other related goods and supplies in and out of the project area under the supervisor's authorisation.
• Ensures cost-savings and proper use of vehicles through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs and preparation of vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely maintenance of major and minor repairs such as oil change, checking of tyres, brakes, and car washing, among others.
• Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, geo-map, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
• Adhere to all traffic and safety rules and follow the required transport guidelines.
• Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
• Responsible for the management of all vehicles and motorcycles.
• Perform any other related duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Specific tasks
• Supporting staff by taking photos during field activities as directed by technical staff.
• Provide support services within the office and during the implementation of training and other activities.
• Minimum Ordinary Level Certificate. An a-Level Certificate is an added advantage.
• Valid driver's license with classes A, B & D1.
• At least five years of driving experience and preferably with International NGOs.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of driving rules.
A4HU is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified personnel.
Deadline of this Job: 09 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
QSSU-OTT-SCM-Supply Chain Manager
About this Job
Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
Q-Sourcing Servtec Group is looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Supply Chain Manager for one of our clients in Kampala Uganda.
The company is desirous of recruiting a Supply Chain Manager to manage procurement activities of all the organization business branches within Uganda and will be responsible for the supply chain management that includes; participating in generating new orders, sourcing for suitable suppliers, placing new orders, arranging transportation, delivery confirmation, and monitoring proper utilization.
Key Roles And Responsibilities
• Establish profitable supplier relationships
• Develop supplier evaluation system
• Perform risk management
• Gathering information, conducting research and analysis to evaluate market trends to reduce procurement costs.
• Collaboration with key staff to clarify on specifications and requirements of the products
• Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
• Handling of all import activities
• Regular reporting to management
• Maintaining supplier relationships, meeting with suppliers
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
• Supporting the process of setting-up the local production / company
• Support in additional administrative tasks occurring during the company set up
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics, supply chain management or business administration.
• 5years experience as a Supply Chain manager preferably in the cosmetics
• Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
• Strong communication skills with all stakeholders (verbal and written)
• Strong negotiation skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Business Central beneficial
• Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
• Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
• Experience in collecting and analyzing data
Personal skills / expectations
• Treats people with respect
• Works with integrity and respects ethical aspects
• Follows policies and procedures
• Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
• Keeps commitments
• Is self-motivated, working with passion
Deadline of this Job: 19 September 2022JOB PURPOSE
To drive UCDA vehicles for conveyance of employees and visitors, materials and equipment to their intended destinations, and ensure their safety.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Provide safe and efficient transportation to the UCDA employees and visitors
• Check vehicle to ensure that it is clean.
• Drive employees and visitors to their intended destinations and ensure that passengers adhere to safety measures.
• Ensure that the vehicle is under insurance cover.
• Observe and comply with all relevant Road safety and traffic laws and regulations
Routine vehicle inspection and repairs
• Check vehicle for mechanical condition before starting any journey and perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking the oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, water, tire pressures etc.
• Ensure safe custody of vehicles and tools.
• Diagnose and carry out minor repairs and adjustments,
• Initiate requests for procurement of vehicle servicing and prepare documentation necessary for servicing or repairs.
• Report to the Supervisor all problems on check including servicing, maintenance and when major repairs are required.
• Maintain records and reports of work, repairs, accidents, incidents, and unusual occurrences.
• Record and maintain vehicle travel records in the log book, and ensure that they are authorized by the relevant supervisor
• Ensure that the driving license is up to date.
• Monitor the insurance policy dates and any other documentation, and inform the supervisor in time for renewal.
Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
• Minimum of Uganda Advanced certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent,
• A certificate in defensive driving is an added advantage.
• A certificate in motor vehicle mechanics is an added advantage.
• At least three years of working experience in a similar or related position
• Valid Driving Permit of Classes B and C/C1.
EXPECTED PERSONAL COMPETENCES AND SKILLS
• Computer literacy.
• High level of integrity, resilience and reliability
• Excellent time management.
• Excellent interpersonal and people skills.
• Self-respect, team building and organizational skills.
• Good decision making skills.
• Good Analytical and good communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and pay attention to detail.
Deadline of this Job: 23 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Salary Scale: NBRB 7
Reports to: Administrative Officer
To provide transport services to the Board
Duties And Responsibilities
• Transport staff/visitors.
• Collect and deliver documents and parcels to various destinations.
• Carry out pre-driving checks.
• Maintain a clean vehicle
• Maintain proper records of fuel consumption and timely service of vehicles
• Veri workin condition of the vehicle at all times
• Abide by the Transport and Traffic Laws
• Check that the assigned vehicle has a valid road license, motor third-party/ comprehensive insurance and car-tracking devices (if installed)
• Ordinary Level certificate of education with a credit in both English and
• Valid driving license/ permit iii.A certificate in defensive driving
Certificate in Mechanics
• At least 4 years' experience in driving in a reputable organization
• Competencies Technical
• Troubleshooting vehicle faults,
• Knowledge of traffic laws.
• Communication skills
• Effective time management skills
• Team player
• Listening skills
• Customer care skills
• Inte ersonal skills
Deadline of this Job: 14 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Post: Driver- 1 Post
Reference HRM / JRRH /010/2022
Reports Officer assigned
Duration of Contract One year Contract, renewable
• Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with a credit in English Language.
• Valid Driving Permit of Class C or D.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Driving vehicles for official duty and assignments
• Carrying out basic maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle
• Reporting major technical mechanical faults to the supervising officer
• Maintaining basic records regarding the vehicles as instructed; and
• Ensuring the safety of the vehicle while on duty.
Deadline of this Job: 11 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
WHO WE ARE:
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting Adult Education and Community Development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM. FRC is here by seeking a suitably qualified and hardworking Ugandan to fill the position Driver – Access to Adult Education Project
To drive the project staff and goods to / from the project areas, arrange & do basic maintenance of project vehicles, prepare requests, keep stock of spare parts and fuel, assist in purchases and project activities when needed.
Qualification and Competencies
• Ordinary level education and good understanding of English language.
• Course on mechanics and certificate in defensive driving are a plus.
• Valid driving license with classes B and DL.
• Minimum 3 years professional driving experience.
• Experience working with non-governmental organisations
• Ability to use standard computing packages.