Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Sep 30, 2022 05:00 PM
QED Solutions Limited is looking for a Software Developer will be responsible for using their knowledge of programming languages to design software programs. Their duties include meeting with clients to determine their software needs, and coding and testing software to ensure functionality.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium service platforms
• Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
• Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
• Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API
• Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post-launch support
• Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, and schedules along with technical and process issues
• Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
• Coordinate with co-developers and keeps project manager well informed of the status of development effort and serve as liaison between development staff and project manager
• Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
• Previous working experience as a PHP / Laravel developer for at least 3 years (s)
• degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar relevant field
• In-depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel PHP Framework
• Hands-on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
• Software testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat)
• MySQL profiling and query optimization
• Creative and efficient problem solver
• Others/Extra Details
• Should be flexible with work hours .
• Must be a team player
Deadline of this Job: 19 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Oil Palm Uganda Limited (OPUL), is a joint venture between Wilmar international, Josovina of Singapore, Bidco Uganda Limited and the Government of the republic of Uganda. Oil Palm Uganda Limited (OPUL) has established over 6,500 hectares of oil palm supported by over 4,500 hectares of small holder farmers on Kalangala Bugala Island with two palm oil mills of 20TPH capacity. Replicating the Kalangala model, we are also undergoing development of new nucleus and small holder's estates in Masaka, Kyotera and Buvuuma.
We conduct business in a prosperous safe and environmentally sustainable manner that promotes well-being of our shareholders, community, government, employees and customers. Our vision is to be the leading internationally competitive high yielding low cost oil palm plantation and milling company producing sustainable palm oil. Due to expansion, we are seeking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies in our company
Job title: IT Officer
• Provide onsite and remote End user support
• Tracking & documenting support activities using ticketing system (JIRA).
• Proactively understand, analyse, and research new technical problems when needed.
• Implement applications and software upgrades, perform troubleshooting and fine tuning for users.
• Provide end user and technical support for Windows and Mobile OS, File and Print, Office 365 services (SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, and Active Directory etc.), Zoom.
• Propose, tailor, and conduct group trainings periodically to cascade the technology know-how to a broader audience.
• Ensure that necessary applications required by users are installed and working as expected Ensure that all PCs are protected from virus attack by installing the latest Anti-Virus program.
• Troubleshoot and resolve end-user hardware, operating system, and software related problems.
• Troubleshoot and resolve basic network and server access problems for end users.
• Troubleshoot and resolve end user issues related to voice communications (Fixed telephone or IP telephone system).
• Forward technical support issues that cannot be addressed by the IT support, to the relevant IT Infrastructure team.
• Infrastructure Management
• Manage IT assets within the site and perform tech refresh at stipulated periods.
• Ensure site IT hardware e.g., servers, switches, routers, printers, UPS, projectors e.t.c. are working and in a good condition.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to WAN, LAN, firewall, VPN systems Perform local data backups for the specific site.
• Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs. Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate IT purchases.
• Manage the site telecommunication infrastructure (Internet, VPN, Telephone...) Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware of the site.
• Improve security awareness of users by developing orientation and training programs, and counselling users.
• Degree in Computer Science Computer Engineering/ Communications Engineering/ Software Engineering/ Information Technology/ Information Systems
• Minimum 3 years of helpdesk support and experience in running IT projects.
• Strong customer service skills with a knack for problem solving.
• Possess an aptitude for acquiring new skills and knowledge.
• Ability to prioritise tasks and work on multiple assignments in a fastpaced and highly challenging environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and meticulous attention to detail Strong understanding of the following:
• Operating systems o Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 or later, Virtualization
• Software and services
• Active Directory, file and print infrastructure
• Office 365, including Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive.
• Working knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructure.
• Experience with office productivity, meeting room solutions and service management tools is an advantage.
• Achieve success in team environment, demonstrating shared responsibility and accountability along with other team members.
• Able to work after office hours if required.
Management Information Systems Manager job at Uganda Coffee Development Authority
Deadline of this Job: 19 September 2022JOB PURPOSE
• Provide technical guidance in the planning and management of all information systems, technology, system security and database integrity for a fully integrated information services function.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Develop and monitor the implementation of a comprehensive digital transformation policy and system that supports the implementation of UCDA’s Strategic Plan objectives and service delivery.
• Plan, and oversee the development, installation, and support of shared information systems and network support services across UCDA.
• Plan and budget for all UCDA’s ICT Infrastructure requirements, procurement of ICT related equipment, and supervise their installation and maintenance.
• Review the existing MIS, and formulate new and revised systems, and determine appropriate changes to effect improvements, reduce costs, and enhance efficiency.
• Provide technical expertise in the planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of a database management system, in order to optimize performance and interactivity.
• Develop, document, implement, test and review the Disaster Recovery Plan to ensure business continuity.
• Manage the design, development and maintenance of UCDA’s website, monitor and control all social media platforms, and also support stakeholders by running a help desk.
• Provide team leadership by building and maintaining a high performance and motivated IT team.
• Build IT capacity within UCDA through training and awareness programs.
• Liaise with other IT regulatory bodies like NITA-Uganda, Ministry of ICT, and other IT professional organizations on any ICT related matters to ensure compliance.
• Carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time.
• A Master’s Degree in either Computer Science, or Information Technology, or Computer Engineering, or any other related University Degree from a recognized University or Institution.
• An Honors degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology, or Computer Engineering, or any other related University Degree from a recognized University or Institution.
• Membership of or accreditation to an internationally recognized professional body in ICT will be added advantage.
• At least five years’ working experience in designing and implementing digital systems or MIS / ICT systems, three (3) years of which should have been at a management level in a reputable organization.
EXPECTED PERSONAL COMPETENCES AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of Government digital transformation programmes, IT guidelines and standards.
• Skills in database planning and management, System installation and management, Network design, management and security;
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends.
• Key personal competences in teamwork and communication skills;
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
Deadline of this Job: 23 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
ICT Support Officer
Salary Scale: NBRB 6-1
Reports to: ICT Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing first level resolutions of user concerns and queries
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
• Maintain and troubleshoot all network and computer related issues
• Monitoring and maintaining the system performance and utilization.
• Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
• Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone).
• managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies.
• Setting up accounts for new users
• Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary.
• Testing new technolow and system changes.
• Training staff and system users.
• Honors Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technolow or Telecommunications Engineering, Software engineering from a recognized University.
• Professional recognized certifications in the above fields is an added advantage
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• At least Two (2) years' experience in providing information communications technology (ICT) and Administrative support in a reputable organization
• Advanced computer skills (hardware and software)
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office
• Software Development Skills
• System and Creative thinking
• Analytical skills
• Communication skills
• Effective time management skills
• Team player
• Listening skills
• Customer care skills
• Interpersonal skills
Deadline of this Job: 23 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Salary Scale: NBRB 3
Reports to: Director Finance and Administration
Provision of strategic leadership on policies, planning, development, and implementation of organizationally aligned ICT strategies and capability to improve operational efficiency.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Develop policies, structures and systems to effectively and efficiently manage the ICT resources.
• 11. Develop, implement and review the IT and provide periodic progress updates.
• Coordinate installation, setup and maintenance of new and existing systems, application and hardware.
• Review and approve, software business requirements, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
• Manage and monitor implementation of ICT projects.
• Advise mana ement on re uired ICT s stems and hardware's based on
• current and future business needs, current technological advancements and innovations.
• vii. Review user requests for new, modified or updated software application programmes to determine feasibility and compatibility with the current system.
• Conduct risk assessment and management of ICT systems and infrastructure and exploitation of opportunities.
• Supervise and review of business continuity plans, disaster recovery plans and emergency response.
• Supervise staff in the ICT department
• Develop and implement the annual ICT Budget and work plan
• Design and implement information security procedures covering information system applications and infrastructure.
• Honors Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or Telecommunications Engineering, Software engineering from a recognized University.
• A Master's degree in any of the above fields from a recognized University.
• Desirable qualifications
• Professional recognized certifications in the above fields.
• Membership to a recognized professional body.
• Previous exposure and experience in Mobile Applications Development.
• Experience with Scrum/ Agile development methodologies. Experience
• A minimum of Eight (8) years relevant work experience, 4(four) of which must have been served at senior ICT officer level or equivalent in a reputable organization. Competencies
• Strategic Planning skills ii. Project Planning skills
• Change Management skills
• Advanced computer sldlls (hardware and software)
• Knowledge of multiple operating systems (e.g. windows, Linux, etc.)
• Analytical skills vii. Quality Control & orientation skills ii. Financial management
• Communication skills
• 11. Coaching and mentoring
• Creative and System thinking Skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Leadershi skills
• Time management