Deadline of this Job: 13 September 2022MISSIONS/JOB DIMENSIONS
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project involves the construction and operation of a buried, cross-border pipeline to transport crude oil from the Lake Albert area in Uganda to the eastern coast of Tanzania for export to international markets.
The pipeline will run from Kabaale in Hoima District, Uganda, to Chongoleani, TangaRegion, in Tanzania. The length of the pipeline is 1,443 kilometres (km) of which 296km will be in Uganda. In Uganda the pipeline will traverse ten (10) Districts, comprising Hoima, Kikuube, Kakumiro, Kyankwanzi, Mubende, Gomba, Sembabule,Lwengo, Rakai and Kyotera.
The Communications Officer is responsible for coordinating and implementing both internal and external communications and activities and contributes to the planning and implementation of the EACOP project communication plan. The role holder
coordinates and oversees the day-to-day communication activities and manages relationships and activities with project stakeholders.
The Jobholder reports to the Communications Lead and works closely with all other departments.
• Manage the Companies External Communications regarding mainstream media, and alternative media.
• Work with the technical teams to plan and Implement the Communications Documentations Calendar for the purpose of Knowledge management.
• Coordinate documentation of activities in multimedia formats and oversee the whole process of content production and lead contractors in the process.
• Oversee the development of project content by all stakeholders and partners.
• Participate in strategizing with the Communications team innovative and creative ways of documenting and disseminating knowledge.
• Coordinate documentation trainings using mobile tools to field personnel.
• Assist in strategizing the flow of pro-active dissemination of information.
• Compile a key contact person list for the respective ongoing Project activities that require knowledge management.
• Provide support on any internal communication objective.
• Attend regular planning/update sessions with external communications agencies to ensure successful execution of communications strategies.
• Work closely with other communications team members, to ensure a cohesive communications approach.
• Designing and implementing effective learning activities,
• Managing knowledge-sharing events, activities, and campaigns.
• Collecting and Structuring Information, Digitizing Information and Encrypting Information.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The main objective during the current stage is to ensure that all the conditions are in place for a smooth and efficient restart of the project in line with the established project standards whilst protecting the project’s technical achievements from the past 3 years.
• Contribute to essentially have a smooth and effective running of the EACOP Projectin all matters highlighted in the present Service Description.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors Degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field.
• 5 years of working experience in the respective field.
• Be an excellent communicator who can initiate and continue interactions with thepeople who share their insights and knowledge
• Know how to record and store information in a physical and digital format
• Have experience in journalism and creative writing skills.
• Skills in multimedia production.
• Be attentive to detail
• Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment, as well as independentlywith minimal supervision.
• Ability to distil complex information into clear, actionable communication
• Clear understanding of how to reach stakeholder audiences through targetedmessaging and effective use of communications tools.
• Ability to visualize, gather, analyse, and organize information
• Requires advanced writing skills; ability to write clear and concise standardoperating procedures, work instructions and knowledge articles for complexprocesses to a varied audience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in internal and external communications management.
• Ability to translate complex business information into engaging content.
• Multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
• Fluency in English (Written and Spoken)
Deadline of this Job: 09 September 2022Customer Service Advisor
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
To process bank teller transactions accurately and timeously through the execution of predefined objectives, ensuring that customers are assisted promptly and in a friendly manner.. Selecting this role has a compensation & benefit impact in Kenya, TZ (NBC), Mauritius. Please contact Reward for details.
Execute cash & related transactions: Throughout each day, balance, control and manage the cash float by checking the amount of cash at the teller station and requesting the restocking or repatriation of cash when prescribed cash limits are reached Dispense and receive physical cash, cheques, travellers cheques, drafts and other financial instruments over the counter to walk in customers Process and encash cheques presented by customers for deposit or pay-out after checking identification, account details and other prescribed controls. Be vigilant for fraudulent or suspicious activities and report all concerns to the team leader or branch manager before processing the transaction or dispensing the cash Adherence to policies especially when handling with cheques, notes, ID’s, etc, under the 2 ID Buddy to prevent fraud. Refer any transactions in excess of teller mandate limits to a mandated official and / or line manager for authorisation Capture all transactions on the Bank system and ensure that all transactions are properly authorised before finalising the processing Carefully count all cash received or dispensed to ensure that errors are avoided by making use of the applicable cash counting equipment in your branch Reconcile own cash at the beginning and end of each day as well as when cash is restocked during the day. Prepare reconciliation reports for audit and management review purposes Ensure that journals are processed to recover charges for manual transactions processed for customers Ensure adherence to the SARB minimum requirements | Customer Service: Provide advice to customers on the cash and other transactions processes to ensure the smooth flow of transactions Exhaust all attempts to resolve customer enquiries before escalating to other departments or the line manager Provide Regular feedback to customers on the progress of their enquiries Explain the Bank’s procedures, security requirements (such as ID requirements when transacting) as well as service offerings available to customers Rep0rt customer complaints on the Bank’s Customer Care process (CCP) to facilitate feedback to improve service to customers Guide customers on how to correctly complete transaction documentation such as deposits, withdrawals, cheque requisition slips to ensure accuracy and completeness of these documents Ensure accuracy and efficiency when engaging with the customer. Ensure friendly, focussed customer interaction at all times Portray a professional image and ensure that personal appearance conforms to Absa Corporate Image standards Ensure adherence to the Corporate Wear policy Maintain a neat and tidy workstation at all times Pro-actively arrange your workspace to ensure sufficient stationary is in place prior to the branch opening. Regularly read the pricing documents relating to Teller transactions to assist clients with better solutions for their transactions and also benefit at the end of the day Adhere to the policy and procedure on the issuing of pins and statements in order to solution the customer at point of contact. Ensure migration of clients with CW transactions less than R4000 and CD of less than R8000 to Digital & Self-help channels and provide the necessary assistance. Maintain speed and agility at all times when assisting clients in order to minimise shortages and surpluses. Market products by giving out booklets or pamphlets to customers drawing large amounts of money and educate them of alternative ways on transacting. Educate customers on the use of the Internet Kiosk. | Identifying sales leads: Identify and action sales leads (teller prompts) and cross selling opportunities Explain the campaign details, during sales campaigns in brief and direct to clients to Sales Consultants for further information Effectively use of sales tools (e.g. teller prompts) in order to ensure the provision of leads to contribute to Branch Sales Take responsibility of own sales targets and assist daily by providing client solutioning according to their product needs Capture all other leads on SMD once agreed by client Follow up all leads with Sales Consultants on SMD to make sure clients are contacted | Compliance and Risk Management: Open & close the branch safe according to the Bank’s procedures, including physically securing the safe according to required procedures Conduct cash counts and visual checks as assigned by the line manager from time to time Ensure that all transaction records are kept and / or mailed in accordance with Bank procedures Keep transactions records available for control purposes Before processing transactions, verify that all information is accurate and complete in accordance with the Bank’s procedure. Refer any concerns to the line manager for follow up and decision making on whether to proceed Follow cash management procedures and limits as prescribed Familiarise with content of all communication, i.e. circulars, bulletins, risk day agenda’s and alerts, etc. Adhere to prescribed control measures to prevent fraud, losses and shortages Report suspicious transactions as per Money Laundering control frameworks Complete and maintain applicable registers (Teller and Key registers) Adhere to safety and security procedures and follow prescribed instructions in event of robbery Cubicles, teller drawers and workstations to be kept locked when leaving workstation Follow off-line procedures and comply with all regulatory and compliance requirements Manage security items i.e. Cash, Teller stamps, Safe keys, combinations and FBSS cards in line with policies and procedures Up skill your knowledge regularly with policies and procedures regarding your daily teller duties, cheques, Fraud, Foreign Exchange, this will help you also to prevent fraud Ensure up-skilling on fault reporting and testing processes & procedures of Equipment used at teller environment i.e. note & coin counters, TCR Machines, etc. Adhere to end of day procedures (ABSA 3368) Adhere to Branch Paper mandate when processing and / or authorising transactions, ensure processing within correct limits & mandates
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)