Deadline of this Job: 25 August 2022Business Banker (7 Positions)
DFCU Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the position of Business Banker in our Commercial (CCO) Domain.
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the role holder will be responsible for growing and maintaining the business asset and liability portfolio of the branch by offering business banking solutions to clients in accordance with the laid down procedures.
Location: Kampala and Upcountry Branches
• Source for new business and maintain existing accounts to achieve sales & relationship targets for Business growth.
• Monitor own portfolio to ensure that PAR and NPAs are kept within the acceptable levels.
• Appraise loan applications making sure that they meet the set standards and credit requirements using the prescribed score cards and return those that do not meet specifications to the front office desk for follow up to avoid losses.
• Initiate credit applications for new and existing customers by completing the documentation with customers, completing the required financial analysis, and submitting applications to credit for approval to meet the set agreed timelines.
• Increase product penetration for allocated customers by reviewing their portfolio to determine potential cross sells and proactively recommend new products to customers for Business growth.
• Receive security documents from customers ensuring that they meet bank standards and any specific requirements depending on the facilities offered to the customer.
• Follow up on all approved loans and ensure that customer information is correctly captured in the system i.e., standing orders, interest rates, repayment schedules, limits, review, and expiry dates to avoid losses.
• Follow up on irregular accounts and generate actioned arrears report for submission to credit for a quality portfolio.
• Make calls to clients with loans in arrears to support timely collection and generate reports to ensure NPA/PAR are within the acceptable levels.
• Process disbursement requests for all lending products in order to achieve the branch targets.
• Take responsibility for the performance of allocated SME portfolio in order to maximize loyalty and customer satisfaction.
• Onboard new customers on QuickBanking and inform customers of other appropriate service channels.
• Comply with KYC, AML & suspicious transactions reporting and ensure that all documentation and transactions are in line with local and regulatory anti-money laundering and KYC requirements.
• Undertake additional duties and/or transfer you to other duties compatible with your skills and experience within dfcu more generally as the Bank shall in its absolute discretion determine.
Knowledge, skills, and experience required:
• At least 3 years banking experience.
• Strong credit skills.
• Excellent selling skills.
• Excellent sales, networking, and relationship management background.
• Strong Communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
• Credit Appraisal & Analysis skills & portfolio quality control.
• Good understanding of the business banking market
• Good understanding of the Bank’s products.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills required.
• Industry and business awareness.
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Good organization & teamwork (Winning together) skills.
• Ability to manage a portfolio of customers with different business needs.
Deadline of this Job: 23 August 2022
Organizational Context And Scope
Under The Overall Supervision Of The Chief Of Mission (Com), The Administrative And Functional Supervision Of The Senior Resource Management Officer (Srmo) Iom Uganda And Direct Supervision Of The Senior Finance Assistant; And, In Collaboration With Relevant Units At Headquarters And The Administrative Centers, The Successful Candidate Will Be Responsible And Accountable For Managing The Resources Management Functions In Iom Uganda.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Assist In Managing Financial Resources By Monitoring And Controlling Assets, Reserves, Funds, Supplies, Etc. In Accordance With Iom Rules And Regulations;
• Assist In Preparing Annual Budget Submission And Revisions Including Estimating Staff Cost As Well As Rental And Utilities, Office Equipment And Supplies, Printing, And Other Contracts, Services Or Running Expenses, To Include In The Budget;
• Extract And Input Data From Various Sources In Financial Or Accounting Systems;
• Assist Providing Guidance In Accounting, Budget And Financial Related Issues;
• Assist In The Preparation Of The Payroll By Executing Validity Checks On Monthly Payrollresults;
• Reviews All Types Of Payments Starting From Purchases To Payment Requests Verifying That They Are Duly Authorized And All The Supporting Documents Are Attached Therewith;
• Create New Vendor Accounts In Prism;
• Verify Vendor Claims For Accuracy And Conformance With Iom Finance Policies And Instructions;
• Perform Claim Verifications Against Documentation To Ensure That Purchases/Services Are Properly Authorized And That The Goods Have Been Received Or Services Rendered;
• Assist In The Preparation Of Budget, Accounting, Financial, Statistical Reports And Other Reports As Required;
• Provide Assistance To All Staff Services Such As Travel, Expense Claims, Document Retrieval, Etc.;
• Ensure Proper And Systematic Completion Of All Posted Payments And Other Accounting
• Documents According To The Established Standards;
• Responsible For The Petty Cash Of The Office; And,
• Perform Other Related Duties As Required.
Required Qualifications And Experience
• Completed Bachelor’s Degree In Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, Or Related Fields With Three Years Of Relevant Professional Experience. Or
• High School Diploma With Five Years Of Relevant Experience;
• Proficient In Microsoft Office Applications E.G. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, E-Mail, Outlook; Previous Experience In Sap Is A Distinct Advantage;
• Attention To Detail, Ability To Organize Paperwork In A Methodical Way;
• Discreet, Details And Clients-Oriented, Patient And Willingness To Learn New Things; And,
• Prior Work Experience With International Humanitarian Organizations, Non-Government Or Government Institutions/Organization In A Multi-Cultural Setting Is An Advantage.
• Knowledge Of Sap Or Oracle Erp Is Key
• Strong Computer Skills - Word, Excel, And Internet
• Excellent Planning, Organizational And Time Management Skills;
• Attention To Details;
• Proven Ability To Communicate Cross-Culturally;
• Fluency In English
• Working Knowledge Of Any Other Un Languages.
• The Incumbent Is Expected To Demonstrate The Following Values And Competencies:
• Inclusion And Respect For Diversity Respects And Promotes Individual And Cultural Differences; Encourages Diversity And Inclusion Wherever Possible.
• Integrity And Transparency: Maintain High Ethical Standards And Acts In A Manner Consistent With Organizational Principles/Rules And Standards Of Conduct.
• Professionalism: Demonstrates Ability To Work In A Composed, Competent And Committed Manner And Exercises Careful Judgment In Meeting Day-To-Day Challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioral Indicators Level 1
• Teamwork: Develops And Promotes Effective Collaboration Within And Across Units To Achieve Shared Goals And Optimize Results.
• Delivering Results; Produces And Delivers Quality Results In A Service-Oriented And Timely Manner; Is Action Oriented And Committed To Achieving Agreed Outcomes.
• Managing And Sharing Knowledge Continuously Seeks To Learn, Share Knowledge And Innovate.
• Accountability: Takes Ownership For Achieving The Organization’s Priorities And Assumes Responsibility For Own Action And Delegated Work.
• Communication: Encourages And Contributes To Clear And Open Communication; Explains Complex Matters In An Informative, Inspiring And Motivational Way.