Deadline of this Job: 20 August 2022
Spear Motors Ltd, the Sole official distributor for Daimler AG, Germany the manufacturers of Mercedes Benz and Fuso; the official distributor for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), the manufacturers of Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge seek to recruit a highly experienced electrician.
To maintain the Company’s electrical fittings and systems
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Install, test, operate, maintain and repair electrical fittings and systems and all related devices throughout the company estates.
• Diagnose electrical malfunctions and repair faulty electrical appliances.
• Respond to all emergency electrical situations when and where appropriate.
• Read and interpret electrical blueprints for various types of information such as conductor specification and locations.
• Conduct regular inspections and surveys of the various electrical systems.
• Requisition for electrical work materials as required.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment in the assigned area of responsibility.
• Maintain appropriate records of inspections, maintenance, surveys, testing, shutdowns and assigned tasks.
• Ensure compliance with appropriate electrical codes and regulations.
• Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience.
• Diploma in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
• At least 2 years working experience as an electrician in a similar industry.
• In possession of valid ERA permits – Class D or C.
• Operation of electrical maintenance equipment.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Numerical and analytical skills.
• Customer care skills.
Deadline of this Job: 26 August 2022Background
Innovation: Africa (iA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose team of dedicated problem solvers work together to bring solar and water technologies to rural communities in Africa. We use solar energy to pump clean water and provide schools, orphanages, and medical clinics with light and refrigeration to store vaccines and medicines. iA has completed over 650 solar, water, and agricultural projects, providing light, clean water, food and proper medical care to more than 3million people in Ethiopia, Tanzania, Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, eSwatini, Uganda, Cameroon, Senegal and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
We are seeking a highly trained and qualified professional to join our Uganda team as a Field Engineer, based in the Karamoja region, with a water and civil background. The Field Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing iA’s solar water pumping systems, as well as completing maintenance and providing technical support to all existing water projects.
Further, the Field Engineer will be required to supervise and monitor the work of our contractors very closely to ensure all designs and standards are adhered to. The Field Engineer will also be responsible for identifying and selecting our project beneficiaries, actively facilitating community mobilization and sensitization, establishing and maintaining regular communication with the communities we serve, implementing project-related activities and providing regular reports and ongoing monitoring of the projects. This position requires frequent travel to the field to identify new projects, as well as manage all stages of iA’s solar water pumping systems.
Country Director in Israel
Program Manager & Deputy Program Manager in Uganda
• Supervise the on-site work of all iA contractors, including hydrogeological surveys, drilling and pump tests, water quality analysis, and all construction and installation works related to ongoing water projects.
• Ensure contractors’ strict adherence to all project timelines and provide Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager with daily updates and reports from the field.
• Oversee field operations related to solar powered water projects, including identifying prospective projects, water project construction/installation, and monitoring and evaluation.
• Work closely with iA’s international and local team of engineers and contractors to plan, design, and implement solar water pumping systems, including the system’s water distribution layout.
• Assessment of a community’s water needs and calculation of available water supply to properly size the system’s submersible water pump.
• Assess the need for maintenance work on existing water projects, identify faults and malfunctions, and provide sustainable solutions.
• Procure and source invoices of all approved system components to ensure organizational transparency and identification of reliable vendors with high quality, cost effective, items.
• Create competitive construction and maintenance budgets on Microsoft Excel using procured invoices.
• Conduct effective community technical trainings and sensitization to all iA water beneficiaries, including establishing project steering committees.
• Maintain regular contact with iA’s engineers in Israel to successfully implement and monitor new solar water technologies and remote monitoring systems.
• Establish and manage relationships and communication with local, national, and international stakeholders.
• The ideal candidate is a passionate and effective team player, with a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience, related to both civil and water works
• Possess at least 3 years of experience managing the successful construction and installation of solar water pumping systems.
• Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and a proven commitment to serve vulnerable communities.
• Professional experience working in the field of community development and exhibit detail orientation and problem-solving skills.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable working with colleagues in different time zones and continents, using Slack and Zoom at flexible hours.
• Proven ability to inspire teams and lead by example.
Commensurate with experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Water Resources Management, Water Engineering, Civil Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, or a closely related field.
• Extensive experience working with solar water pumping systems.
• Experience designing water supply systems using design applications such as, AutoCAD,ArchiCAD, GIS and GPS applications, WaterCAD, Epanet, Protastructure, etc.
• Technologically oriented with excellent computer skills, including proficiency in email and Microsoft Office software.
• Relocation to the Karamoja District.
• Driver’s license.
• Ability to commit to flexible working hours, including weekends.
• Native level written and spoken Ngakarimojong (do not apply if you do not have this skill)
• Fluent written and spoken English.
As an international organization, our team works in New York, Israel, and Africa, and is constantly on the move. To maintain close contact despite our travel schedules, we regularly use technology solutions, such as Slack and Zoom. The ideal candidate thrives in this type of fast-paced environment and is comfortable working with colleagues in different time zones and continents.