Deadline of this Job: 07 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Leaming (MEL) Technical Specialist (TS) will support the research utilization (RU), knowledge management (KM), and monitoring, evaluation, and learning efforts for the MOSAIC project in Uganda. Specifically, the technical specialist will be responsible for working with the MOSAIC-Uganda, regional, and global teams to define and operationalize the project’s RU and KM priorities and ensure monitoring of progress towards project milestones and objectives. S/he will support the MOSAIC-Uganda RU/KM plans, in alignment with the global MOSAIC RU/KM plan and will monitor and report progress as outlined in the global MEL plan in coordination with the MOSAIC Technical Advisors and Program Officers. The MEL TS will also support the gathering, synthesis, and dissemination of information, including the development of evidence-based tools and technical resources
Global and National MOSAIC engagement:
• Works closely with MOSAIC-Uganda’s management and technical team to provide technical support for all MOSAIC Uganda RU/KM/MEL activities
• Participates in work planning processes in close collaboration with the MOSAIC project leadership, MOH, project team, and project partners
• Participates in relevant MOSAIC technical advisory groups with the global team and national counterparts and partner institutions
• Works with HQ-based MOSAIC RU/KM team to create, adapt and implement tools and methodologies to support RU/KM
Research Utilization and Knowledge Management:
• Conducts ongoing stakeholder mapping to identify key individuals and institutions with a role to play in new biomedical prevention products in Uganda.
• Lead in developing and supporting the RU and KM strategy
• Establishes/maintains functional professional relationships with key stakeholders and institutions to facilitate RU/ dissemination and biomedical HIV prevention scale-up efforts
• Conducts and analyzes assessments of locally relevant knowledge exchange activities/platforms and learning needs as they relate to upcoming biomedical prevention product introduction; facilitates local stakeholder engagement on project learning exchange mechanisms
• Participates in RU orientation/skill-building training
• Supports CATALYST study teams with protocol implementation, including plans for stakeholder engagement and ‘pause and reflect consultations
• Leads and oversees the implementation of dissemination efforts for MOSAIC-Uganda’s biomedical HIV prevention research and program efforts, ensuring that project resources, lessons learned, and study findings are shared with appropriate global, regional, national, and sub-national audiences
• Works closely with MOSAIC-Uganda’s management and technical team, and with relevant MOSAIC regional and global focal persons to produce high-quality, audience¬appropriate print and digital content, including peer-reviewed publications, blog posts, technical briefs, reports, fact sheets, conference abstracts and posters, and training materials and other technical tools
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning:
• Leads project reporting efforts as outlined in the MEL plan, including tracking progress toward project milestones and work plan deliverables. S/he will lead on outcome harvesting and updating the outcome database.
• Monitors, evaluates, documents and shares project accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned related to the introduction of new HIV prevention products.
• Analyzes assessments of local partners, knowledge exchange platforms, and communication channels to identify where existing knowledge products can be applied to support policy and program planning, local needs and priorities for new knowledge products, preferred dissemination channels, and knowledge exchange mechanisms to determine the support needed for the program.
• Provide regular progress updates on key activities/outputs for the various workstreams
• Identify, review, update and report outcomes using the Outcome Intake form on SharePoint
• Set up and manage a system for Collaborating, Leaming, and Adapting both internal and externally facing
• Support the roll-out of the PrEP-it platform per the MoH priorities in Uganda
• Development of Indicators and analysis of service delivery data.
• Support the PrEP Indicator review activities, including the retrospective indicator study (IRB submission processes, study implementation/coordination, analysis, and dissemination) and other support other indicator tracking activities.
• Support development, evaluation, and or improvement of MOSAIC tools and approaches.
• Serves as team lead and mentors other lower-level personnel.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge and Skills:
• Good communication skills and ability to speak and write in English. Should also be able to communicate digitally on social media, write blogs etc.
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds. Ability to communicate effectively with community members, community leaders, support staff, health care workers, and Ministry of Health officials
• Data manipulation and analysis skills especially for Excel and other similar packages.
• Computer literacy in all Office Programs
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Evidence of good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Evidence of good presentation/facilitation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills and successful teamwork.
• Should be self-starter, creative, technologically savvy, passionate hardworking, and self-motivated.
• Master’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or its International Equivalent, Project Management (PM) Certification preferred
• 6+ years of relevant experience managing data collection and technical assistance experience
• Expertise in a range of RU/KM strategies, such as stakeholder engagement, scale-up planning, process documentation, use of champions, and policy advocacy preferred
• Experience implementing M&E approaches for large donor-funded projects.
• Experience working with internal and global M&E experts.
• Familiarity with the field of biomedical HIV prevention and PEPFAR programming is strongly preferred.
Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
The position holder will oversee implementation of Monitoring & Evaluation and Data management activities of the project across Mubende Region.
Bachelors Degree in either Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Economics and Statistics with post graduate diploma in M&E. The successful candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in M&E, 1 of which must be at supervisory level. He/she must have demonstrable knowledge and experience in M&E, Data management & Research, & Quality Assurance, and must be able to apply the use use of GIS Tools, Health Information Systems, Advanced Computer skills.
All applicants must have a Non-judgmental approach to human relations; be in sympathy with Mildmay Uganda’s Christian values; possess good communication and interpersonal skills; and must be able to maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues. Customer focus is paramount.
Deadline of this Job: 07 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Manager Quality & Monitoring
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer, Accountable Manager (AOC Operations)#
Responsible for: Quality Auditors, Document control officers & staff Liaison with the regulators especially UCAA
• Be the overall authority of the company’s internal and external Audit program.
• Shall be the primary liaison with the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority on behalf of the Accountable Manager.
• Shall report directly to the Accountable Manager and maintain an independent position to ensure that all Quality assurance is managed in the most objective manner possible
• To ensure that the Quality Assurance Program is independent.
• To develop, maintain and implement an annual and biannual audit schedule in accordance with the requirements set by the company standards and Uganda Civil Aviation Regulations.
• Shall ensure compliance and monitoring program through planned Audits and ad-hoc quality surveillance.
• To oversee the preparation of audit reports for the respective departments and ensure departmental heads are aware of the levels of compliance in their respective departments.
• To follow up with auditee for root cause identification & analysis, on-time appropriate corrective & preventive actions on audit findings to precisely address the root cause.
• To regularly review regulatory changes and prepare recommendations to update company procedures and manuals
• To Monitor and ensure compliance with all company operating procedures, manuals, and wires.
• Keep a database to ensure effective management of data derived from the quality assurance program
• Shall be the main focal point for all certification projects that the Airline undertakes.
• Shall support the user departments in all developmental and expansion projects as applicable to the company strategy and goals.
• Work hand in hand with the safety manager to ensure that all post holders companywide perform and manage safety and security risks that might be a threat to aircraft operations.
• To ensure that all post holders conduct operations in accordance with conditions and restrictions of the Air Operator Certificate (AOC) and the Approved Maintenance Organization and in compliance with applicable regulations and standards of the company as laid down in the operation manuals.
• Shall nominate Company auditors to affect regular audits as required by the audit schedule
• Ensure that all company processes and procedures are subject to continuous improvement in accordance with the restrictions of the Air Operator Certificate (AOC) and the respective AMO approvals.
• Keep under constant review improvements in safety equipment, procedures, and training and make constant recommendations, Shall be responsible for preparation and coordination of the Management Review Meeting that will be held once a year as per company regulatory requirements.
• Attend Quality meetings and review boards to discuss matters arising from quality and safety audits.
• Shall be the document owner of all company procedures manuals to ensure that they are produced to an acceptable standard.
• Responsible for the oversight of the SMS operations throughout the organization
• Shall work hand in hand with all operational departments to ensure that all contracted support organizations and service providers are acceptable to the company in accordance with company internal procedures and Uganda Civil Aviation Authority Regulations.
• Perform quality surveillance on all operational systems, including that of the contracted organizations as a whole to ensure that they remain in conformity with the regulatory requirements and that all operations and maintenance are carried out in accordance with the maintenance contracts;
• Establish and maintain a communication and coordination system between the different operational and maintenance departments and management.
• Ensure that all non-conformances arising from audits are subject to closure during the required period that is set for them.
• When delegating duties, ensure that individuals are qualified and competent to conduct the duties assigned to them.
• Shall have the authority to conduct an audit/inspection in any operational area when deemed necessary.
• Liaise with the Safety Manager and Security Manager as required and monitor the safety-related requests for corrective actions, as part of the Flight Safety Program monitoring function.
• Ensure that all aircraft listed on the AOC are maintained to the standards required by Uganda Airlines and the conditions of AOC as prescribed by the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a focus in aerospace, aeronautical, mechanical, electrical or mechatronics engineering or and an additional two years of relevant training/experience in quality management OR Technical qualifications in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering/ Flight or Ground Operations.
• At least five years’ experience in the field of aviation quality management.
• Received type training on at least one aircraft type managed by Uganda Airlines.
• SO 9001 Lead Auditor Course or equivalent formal training on audit techniques.
• Detailed knowledge of aviation legislation, particularly ICAO, EASA, FAA & UCAA Regulations.
• Successful completion of training in quality management recognized by the authority.
• Shall be accepted/ approved by the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority
• Knowledge and experience in IOSA and ISAGO practices shall be an added advantage.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Analytical thinking, Attention to detail, and Good Interpersonal skills
• High level of Integrity and Confidentiality
• Sound understanding of Quality Audit reports
• Trained and conversant with Airline Quality operations systems and procedures
• Trained and conversant with Quality auditing
• Trained and conversant with Airline Safety Management systems
• Trained and conversant with Accident Investigation process and procedures
• Trained and conversant with Operational Quality documentation systems