Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
ABOUT SPARK MICROGRANTS
Spark Microgrants believes in a world where everyone lives with dignity and determines their own positive future. Decades of prescriptive aid have sidelined the poor from the very programs meant to uplift them. We believe in local solutions and catalyzing rural villages facing poverty into action.
At the heart of Spark’s model, the Facilitated Collective Action Process (FCAP), are ‘town-hall’ style weekly meetings, in which women, men, young, old, plan together for their community’s future. Each village elects a leadership committee, establishes a village savings account, and launches a project of their choice. Members receive training on financial management, transparency, leadership, village planning, and advocacy.
Spark trains partner organizations and works with governments to scale the FCAP as the model of choice to advance social and economic development, improve lives, and secure lasting change. Spark is now active in 500+ villages in 6 countries, improving the lives of over 500,000 people.
In Uganda the CoP is implementing the FCAP in locations of West Nile and Bulambuli district in Uganda. Our partnership with Centre for Community Development in West Nile covering 20 partner communities spread across the Omugo and Rhino Camp refugee settlements housing both refugees from South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo. We also have a memorandum of Understanding to implement the FCAP in Bulambuli district with 55 partner communities currently.
As a team, we share a set of common values that shape how we work. These are:
1. Facilitators. We don’t impose; we enable others to generate impact.
2. Community-driven. We are motivated by what is best for the community.
3. Process-centered. The how of what we do is just as important as the what.
4. Authentic. Our vision and values live in everything we do.
5. Dynamic. We seek opportunities and are willing to take risks to serve our community partners better
ABOUT THE ROLE
Spark Microgrants is looking for two Partner Trainers to support the Community of Practice Department in the implementation of the FCAP in 75 partner communities in areas of Bulambuli and West Nile Districts. They will work in close collaboration with the Community of Practice team to provide quality support to Partner Organisations through training and monitoring support in order to enhance program quality.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership and strategy
• To keep track, monitor and update activity timelines and plans
• To liaise with the impact team to develop a learning plan and harvest learning from pilots.
• Conduct bi-weekly check-in meetings with partner trainers to discuss challenges and strategies for program quality.
Management and Training
• Provide training on the FCAP in phases. Provide peer support for FCAP training for future new partnerships.
• Provide job coaching to the Partner Trainers and the Community Based Facilitators.
• Conduct joint field visits with partner organization teams in order to offer field support. Conduct one on one sessions with partner trainers to support and track progress (partner leads and trainers)
Community and community-based facilitator
• Provide timely feedback on community proposals and other related data through the partner trainer, to the community-based facilitators who then delivers it to the community.
• Provide continuous training to the FCAP trainer through refresher trainings
• Participate in check-in sessions between the trainer and the community-based facilitator
• Attend, observe community meeting, take notes and provide feedback
• Ensure training related documents are well documented, managed and updated.
• Compile targeted field stories and photos to support donor reporting
• Ensure the partner folder is always updated with all relevant documents for the pilot
• Contribute to the iteration of the FCAP guide and other related guides for the pilot with well documented feedback for improvements.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• You are driven by a world with a strong civil society where communities are in the driving seat of local change
• You have relevant development experience, ideally in either community-driven development, governance, citizen engagement, social accountability, livelihoods, or other related areas and/or policy-driven change,
• You have an excellent track record of report writing for institutional, preferably for donors, with strong writing, editing, and critical analysis skills
• You have excellent written communication skills, preferably including experience writing reports, program documents and good in the Lumasaba language.
• The person should be of the Elgon region descent, preferably Bulambuli
• Excellent training skills
• Excellent community proposal writing skills
• You possess strong planning, organizational and coordination skills.
• Good understanding of the parameters of quality in the context of the organization.
The person should be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration and any other relevant field. Any additional qualifications in the field of Community training is an added advantage.
You have the cultural fit to work with us here at Spark, if:
• You are dynamic, self-driven, and proactively seek out feedback.
• You keep yourself organized, yet lift your head up to think strategically on the regular and relish the challenge of applying a range of approaches to answer complex questions.
• You are a leader with a passion for transforming bold ideas into actionable strategies. You drive new initiatives, embrace and push for change, and aren’t afraid to try something new.
• You are a facilitator, you listen intently, integrate feedback, and create an environment where everyone feels comfortable to speak up and develop ideas together.
• You drive thoughtful processes to make strategic decisions and problem solve. You collaborate and prioritize an inclusive process that can be replicated in the future.
• You are authentic. You speak your mind, and you live your values.
• We are looking for someone who is committed to this role for at least 2 years.
WHY WORK WITH US
• You will be joining a dynamic team that hails from ten countries around the world and is committed to our vision
• You will have the freedom and autonomy to make your role your own. We want to hear your innovative ideas, your vision for the future, and your critical questions.
• We respect and value work-life balance and your need for downtime, vacation, and reflection.
• You will join a dynamic and growing organization with a clear pathway to learning and career advancement.
Location: Uganda Kampala preferably Mbale region, other locations negotiable.
Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
2022 Graduate Apprenticeship Program
Bachelor's Degree in;
• Engineering - a bias in: Mechanical,
• Software & Mechatronic Engineering, Irrigation, Agro-processing Engineering.
• Data Management - a bias in Data Science, Analysis and/or Architecture, Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics.
• Statistics and Quantitative Economics.
• HR Management and Organizational Behavior.
• Environmental Science.
• Sustainable Development, and related fields.
A CGPA of 4.0 and above
Below the age of 30
Closing Date: 30th September 2022