Deadline of this Job: 17 August 2022
Directorate: Programs (Mubende Region)
Job Summary: The Project Officer will lead the planning, implementation and
reporting of COVID-19 Vaccination interventions in the assigned districts.
• Diploma in Clinical medicine and community health or Diploma in nursing and midwifery; plus registration with relevant professional bodies and in possession of a valid practising Licence.
• Mildmay Uganda Employment Opportunities (Internal Advert): - August 2022
• A minimum of 2 years’ in experience in clinical care of people living with HIV or 1 year experience in Implementing COVID-19 pandemic response interventions; demonstrable experience in implementing health system strengthening interventions or supporting district led programing; and strong interpersonal communication skills –both oral and written.
Deadline of this Job: 17 August 2022Directorate: Programs (Mubende Region)
Job Summary: The position holder will lead the implementation of the M&E framework for the DREAMS Project in the assigned district(s) to facilitate effective monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of project results and impact. In addition, s/he will implement a capacity building plan for project partners to increase their ability to effectively use the project M&E system.
• Candidate must have Bachelors’ Degree in either; Statistics, Computer Science, Quantitative Economics with postgraduate qualification in M&E.
• S/he must have 3 years’ experience in Monitoring & Evaluation and Data Management; preferably in the health sector.
• The successful candidate must have Proficiency in project implementation reporting, demonstrable experience in Health Management Information Systems (HMIS), Research, Data Analysis & Quality Assurance, plus advanced computer skills in STATA, SPSS, MS Excel and MS Access.
Deadline of this Job: 20 August 2022Nurse In-Charge General Services
To coordinate the Nursing and Rehabilitation function for the general medical services in alignment with MUg Vision, Mission and Master Plan for hospital development; ensure provision of effective and efficient comprehensive nursing care to patients, work collaboratively with all MUg stakeholders for continuity of care and ensure provision of relevant technical assistance at MUgH and MIHS, for comprehensive quality service delivery.
• Bachelors in Nursing, Bachelors in Public Health or Bachelors in Community Psychology with nursing background.
• Must be registered with the relevant professional body/council with a valid practising Licence; with
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Nursing/ Midwifery.
• 1-year experience in leading nursing teams, 1-year exposure in community nursing and/or midwifery (working with CHEWs, Peer support groups, Community leadership structures); knowledge of HIV/AIDS care issues, Sexual Reproductive healthcare, Continuous Quality Improvement and leadership; plus working knowledge of English and local language(s)
Deadline of this Job: 25 August 2022
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala and Kiryandongo settlement. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development – bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in the districts of Kitgum, Lamwo, Arua, Yumbe, Kyegegwa, Kiryandongo, Kyaka and Kampala including 7 districts in Karamoja region.
The Nutrition Assistant will be reporting to the Nutrition officer and will be based in Imvepi/Rhino refugee settlement and shall be responsible for providing health education talks, screening to children, women and their partners in the health facility and in the community on nutrition related issues. S/he will provide anthropometric assessment, recording, referral and linking clients to respective service points and shall maintain environment friendly working space hence adhering to infection control and prevention practices. S/he will provide nutrition services including but not limited to counseling, linkage and preparing treatment for the clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
• •Will be supporting the admissions of severe malnutrition cases following properly laid down standards.
• •Prepare and feeding of severely malnourished patients under observation in the inpatient wards.
• Will be responsible for case management of malnutrition patients on follow-ups and those on ward and ensure that all routine medications are administered appropriately.
• To counsel and advise in-patients/follow-ups/parents/guardians on proper care and nutrition at home.
• Designing of special diets for therapeutic purposes.
• Participate in community outreaches and research activities.
• Plan and prepare mentorship sessions/CMEs for health workers.
• To carry out home visits as a follow up on discharged patients to ensure adherence of the clients on the nutrition programme.
• Participate in screening at the triage of children under the age of five to monitor and ensure early detection of malnutrition cases.
• Support the EPI department through carrying out routine growth monitoring activities and ensuring that all malnourished children have child health cards.
• Ensure that all the stored food supplements are safe and free from contamination and theft and the store is clean all the time.
• Ensure the kitchen for preparation of therapeutic milk for severely malnourished children and the surrounding environment is clean, hygienic and well maintained.
• Prepare and submit the nutrition reports for both the in patients and out patients as guided by the nutrition officer.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Diploma in human nutrition and dietetics from recognized institution.
• Relevant working experience of two years.
• Must be registered with relevant profession body.
• Having concern for quality and standards, and ethics and integrity.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship.
• Good report writing skills.
• Good knowledge and application of Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.