– Entebbe On arrival at Entebbe International Airport in Uganda you will be welcomed by our representative and transferred for overnight to the hotel, 2 Friends Beach Hotel / Boma Hotel. BB
– From Entebbe to Fort Portal After breakfast drive West in the direction of Fort Portal and Rwenzori Mountains. Arrive in time for lunch. You arrive at Kluges Farm Guest House in a nice forested environment. Dinner and overnight at Kluges Farm Guest House / Lodge Bellavista. Note: Today drive is about 6 hours, 300 km on tarmac roads.
– Fort Portal - Rwenzori After breakfast, you can choose among these activities (one is included): first, visit the coffee production and farmers in the Rwenzori region; second, have a cycling tour in the area of Fort Portal and the crater lakes, visiting panoramic points and meet people on the way; third, you can have a short walk in the Rwenzori Mountains, along the forested cover and to see the Bakonjo homesteads. Lunch, dinner and overnight at Kluges Farm Guest House / Lodge Bellavista.
– Rwenzori - Queen Elizabeth National Park Full Board. After breakfast, explore the region of the crater lakes as you proceed to Queen Elizabeth NP in time for lunch. In the afternoon, we propose the eco-tourism activity at the Kasoga Experience, where you can have a local canoe trip with local guides on Lake George or / and visiting the cultural village of the Basongora community in Hamukungu Fishing Village Dinner and overnight at Ihamba Lodge.
– Queen Elizabeth National Park Full Board. In the early morning, game drive in Queen Elizabeth NP and. Lunch from the lodge. In the afternoon, take the most exciting safari by boat from Mweya peninsula along Kazinga channel, one of the most popular sites in Uganda for its concentration of wildlife, bird’s life and opportunities for good photographs. Moreover, you will see plenty of hippos, buffaloes and elephants while drinking from the channel. In the evening proceed to Ishasha for dinner and overnight, Ishasha Jungle Lodge. Note: Today transfer is about 2 hours drive, about 100 km of murram road.
– Ishasha – Bwindi National Park / Buhoma Full Board. After breakfast, take a game drive in search for the “tree climbing lions” which are seen during the hot hours of the day, as they lie resting on top of Figs trees. You might also see herds of buffaloes, elephants, topi antelopes and more. After lunch proceed to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Stop over for a visit at Kayonza Growers Tea Factory for an Agro-tourism trail, that includes tea agronomy, production process, demo firms, community impact, and tea support projects. Kayonza has a long and interesting story, as it is a model of successful cooperative of small scale farmers, who supported the tea project and entered into internationally recognized “fair trade” markets. Transfer to Buhoma in Bwindi, to the site of the community project Ride 4 a Woman (see the website: https://www.ride4awoman.org/). Accommodation and meals are provided at Noel’s Cottage or Mwebesa House. Note: Today drive is about 2 hours of murram road.
– Ride 4 a Woman community project Full Board. Spend the day with the organization Ride 4 a Woman. Set up in 2009 by Evelyn Habasa, the organization is supporting women from 11 villages making a living. Particularly, the community based organization provides working opportunities in pedal sewing and basket weaving; the products of the work are for sell in the community shop where you can find very attractive fabric gift. Visitors can experience and work in the workshop with the women of the community. Also, they can experience the cooking of the traditional Bakiga food and have a typical lunch. The women can also arrange the Kiga dance which is the most interesting cultural expression for the people of the area of Bwindi. Accommodation and meals are provided at the guest area of the project, at Noel’s Cottage or Mwebesa House.
– Mountain gorilla trekking or Nkuringo Walk Full Board. In the morning OPTIONAL you enter the rain tropical forest of Bwindi for the gorilla safari. The activity starts at 8am and you will follow the ranger guides in a group of maximum 8 people as you search for the habituated family of mountain gorillas, which was allocated according to the permits. You have one hour for observing the primates and their behaviors, while taking photographs. Ensure you take the packed lunch and water with you in the bag and for this you might need the support of available porters. The mountain gorilla trekking is an activity directly benefiting the conservation of the endangered gorillas and also benefiting the local communities around Bwindi National Park, as they receive a percentage of the payment through community projects. From the gorilla population census of 2012, Bwindi is reported to have a population of about 400 gorillas. In alternative, OPTIONAL this day you can do the Nkuringo Walk in the forest between Buhoma and Nkuringo and in this option we change today accommodation to Lake Mutanda Resort.. Dinner and overnight, at Noel’s Cottage or Mwebesa House.
– The Batwa walk - Kitanga Full Board. Today’s activity is the Batwa Trail, a walk into a forested site near Bwindi forest. The objective is to know about the rich cultural heritage and traditions of the Batwa Pigmies, the people who inhabited the forest. This project generates incomes to the Batwa community, who become very poor and marginalized after been displaced from the protected areas, helping the education of children and the health of the people. During the walk, you will learn about medicinal plants, visit the traditional hut, experience how they collect honey and also see the traditional dances. Packed lunch. In the afternoon proceed to Kitanga Mission, located between Bwindi and Kabale, a beautiful rural areas surrounded by green hills. Dinner and overnight in Kitanga Guest House.
- Kitanga Mission Full Board. Kitanga Mission is a good example of how much can be done to improve on the livelihood of rural people when the efforts are well channeled and well managed. You have a chance to talk to the people of the mission. In Kitanga you have the opportunity to spend time with the local rural community and learn more about crop cultivation, rearing of animals and the traditional life of the Bakiga people. You can also visit the Primary School, the Hospital and the Industrial park. Dinner and overnight in Kitanga Guest House.
– Entebbe Half Board. After breakfast, drive back to Entebbe. Lunch en route. Reserved for departure from Entebbe International Airport. Note: Today drive is about 7 hours, 390 km on tarmac roads.